Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those high risk high reward type deals. Long odds, but not impossible. Other than being naturally optimistic about everything, I'm not as quick to punt because the models have kind have been all over the place with details that will make the difference in whether we get screwed or not. The complexity of the situation definitely makes it an uphill battle because when we're on the razors edge, we're usually in trouble. 

I've lowered my bar to my job being scared into giving me a day off Monday :lol:

to my eyes the whole setup for this system is just far enough south to keep me from throwing in the towel.  obviously, we all know we can get caught in the middle with these events, but the models have shown at least light precip for a while now.  it's not something that's popped up recently, so maybe there's some weight there...or maybe not.

what happened to the server this afternoon?...  why is Zend guard needed?

It is said that the clipper killed the board. However, I think someone was just trying to tweak things a bit before the clipper dumps 5 inches of snow on DC.........

However, despite all of the buzz about the "storm" tomorrow night, I think that what we are starting to see on the modeling, albeit something we dont want to see, is that the clipper is going Miller B on us. There will be an energy transfer. The mountains get 8 inches. We're smack in the middle, and the storm will develop on the coast, and well you know the rest. Don't look now but Boston is holding a five billion kegger that will last the next five days. They're still tryin' to dig out from last night. Some of them can't even get out their front doors right now. By this time next week they will need the National Guard to rescue some of those folks from their own homes. Think 'The Day After Tomorrow' in SNE

what happened to the server this afternoon?... why is Zend guard needed?

Zend Guard sends your life history to the Chinese hacker who took the board down because a NYC forum weenie said their model was inferior.

2010. And by the way how did your 2-6 forecast work out for winchester yesterday? ooops!

The totals increased as you went ENE in that 2010 storm.  That forecast map from Channel 4 looks suspect to me.  The 2-5 out here is plausible (low end is far more likely IMO), but I see zero chance that we see equal amounts of snow as Philly.

But who looks at channel 4 for the weather anyway?  I only watch for Amelia and she could be forecasting a blizzard in July and I wouldn't even notice!

It is some sort of php code optimizer component that their hosting company requires... They probably rebooted or switched boxes and needed to update their httpd config to point to the correct installation... But who knows....

It is some sort of php code optimizer component that their hosting company requires... They probably rebooted or switched boxes and needed to update their httpd config to point to the correct installation... But who knows....

Archived