joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Countdown to Kevin disrobing......3...2....1......

I think he may have felt a tingle downstairs with the Euro. Let's be honest, this board is more entertaining when he's gung ho vs being a Debbie.

I really expected the Euro to be more of a consensus between the GFS and GGEM. Starting to look like taint is becoming the bigger threat than OTS for many. But let's see what the models do over the next 24 hours. Nobody should be spiking the ball or throwing in the towel just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about model verbatim solutions so much yet...it's a great run for those who got into the CCB, but this is still relatively meaningless in terms of deterministic amounts.

What this does is give more confidence that a storm is going to affect the region...esp SNE, but CNE over the Maine is certainly still in the game.

Pretty text book as it close off at H5 right around LI, But where that happens on future runs will have larger implications but at least it went into a more positive direction then 0z run

I think he may have felt a tingle downstairs with the Euro. Let's be honest, this board is more entertaining when he's gung ho vs being a Debbie.

I really expected the Euro to be more of a consensus between the GFS and GGEM. Starting to look like taint is becoming the bigger threat than OTS for many. But let's see what the models do over the next 24 hours. Nobody should be spiking the ball or throwing in the towel just yet.

It's hard to spike the ball when it's flat... :whistle: 

Sent from my iPhone

Select 12z ECMWF QPF Amounts (1/24-25):

Albany: 0.06"

Allentown: 0.81"

Baltimore: 1.04"

Bangor: 0.96"

Belmar: 1.38"

Boston: 1.80"

Bridgeport: 1.28"

Concord: 0.56"

Danbury: 1.08"

Groton: 1.59"

Harrisburg: 0.65"

Islip: 1.35"

Morristown: 1.10"

New Haven: 1.35"

New York City:

...JFK: 1.33"

...LGA: 1.26"

...NYC: 1.23"

Newark: 1.22"

Philadelphia: 1.28"

Portland: 0.96"

Poughkeepsie: 0.63"

Providence: 1.69"

Reading: 0.65"

Richmond: 1.22"

Scranton: 0.23"

Washington, DC:

...DCA: 1.07"

...IAD: 0.96"

White Plains: 1.25"

Westhampton: 1.47"

Worcester: 1.29"

Note: Not all qpf is snow.

I wouldn't mind another nudge NW to get paste snow.

The half inch qpf line gets to about CON for the CNE peeps wondering. But the cutoff is very tight, KASH is over an inch and LEB is maybe 2 tenths.

I imagine the tightness is tied at least in part to how wound up it's currently modeled?

Your typical fast moving 18" snowstorm.

LOL.

Congrats to where people live.  Give me a 75 mile bump west otherwise, Chris and I may be posting pictures of dim sun poking through a few clouds.

Archived