joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's a smoking for most of SNE on the GGEM...BOS-PVD may briefly taint, but even SE of there where taint almost certainly happens still gets good snow.

Ukie at 72h looks similar to the GGEM. Can't see the critical 84h panel though. But based on 72, I'd think something similar.

More gas in the bus to make it up here? Saw pic which seemed to show qpf much further inland over ma and pa. With a limit to how far west this could get good for many. Also saw red tagged in another thread saying ridge positions supports further west while Canada low argues ots. Battle ensuing but the consistently deep pressures make me optimistic.

It's weird though, I can't recall any big snow event with a low north of Montreal. I honestly can't.

1/26-27, 2011 was kind of like that...though not quite as defined of a low N of Montreal as this one, but it didn't have high pressure up there.

I also remember 12/9/05 had low pressure up there...though that system was a bit different than this one. Obviously nuked out.

Archived