• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

Check out those yellow/orange returns to the south http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php !

Someone is getting absolutely CRUSHED by snow there.

uh-oh. Woodbridge is in-between the strong band to the west that is annihilating Manassas and Culpeper, and the main blob to the SE. The dreaded dryslot lmao. Woodbridge/ Dumfries, Stafford/west Fred is its alignment. Well, I managed a quarter inch of snow. That's a pretty good coating lol. I thought I'd be lucky to get a dusting lol. Most of the time, it is wise to split the forecast amts in half. We were forecast to get an inch. That gives me half an inch of snow. Thats a nice coating. I'll take it ------- IF I can eke out that much lol

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are we out of it? Have we lost our shot at a northern shield of precip developing?

The area of snow to our west might pass over us as the main storm keeps moving NE

EDIT - That area of snow is starting to wuss out. Storm is robbin' Peter to pay off Paul before the creditors throw him in the slammer.

The storm is starting to move more east, the moisture is drying up. We had a decent band, then it fell apart. The Eastern Shore was looking real set to get some heavy winter precip, but the storm is moving faster to the east than progged. Even the Eastern Shore is getting shorted on precip.

Next.

Archived