Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a radar extrapolation setup. A weak coastal gets organized and some decent lift on the nw periphery of the "forecasted" circulation gets going. How far nw? Tricky.

Radar "should" start looking good in the wee hours. To weenies like us it seems like magic as it happens.

LMAO...I know what you mean...my logical brain says it will happen when the coastal develops, my other brain keeps noticing the Russian girl  ..      

. :facepalm:

models are judged on verification scores and other scoreable metrics...That's the problem...the PARA could end up really sucking with east coast snowstorms, but be a better overall model...

So far it seems to have few fans. We should just partner with Europe or steal their code.

The scores are pretty much a wash between the ops GFS and para in the Northern Hemisphere - maybe a slight improvement for the para.   The bigger gains are in the Southern Hemisphere.    On a case-by-case basis, I would call it even.   There were some nice "wins" for the para and some brutal "losses."    Was hoping for better, given the huge amount of extra resources needed to run this puppy.

So far it seems to have few fans. We should just partner with Europe or steal their code.

Archived