• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

No still in Northern McDowell. Was referring to being at a higher elevation than Marietta. Yes being just backed up against this side of the Blue Ridge helps a lot in CAD events.

oh, I thought you were comparing mine to yours. Yeah your area is very conducive to cad with the mtns to your west.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was this even posted in the Pinned Pattern Thread?   <_<

you mean stuff like this doesn't belong there? or it's ok if you have a green name?

It was good, and I would like to see more just like this   :D

Agree

Don't worry......it will change again soon   :P

Congrats on the red tag!!   :clap:

Guaranteed! FAB FEB!!! We get our biggest storms in February and March! January is not a snowy month! :yikes:

The pattern will eventually flip to one that is favorable for snow.  I just hope it happens soon or in Feb or early March,  the hardest thing to take at this point would be a pattern in late March or April that would have produced snow in Jan-Feb.

I actually thought some said the good stuff would not start until the end of January and into February.

Yeah, you've been on that train all season.  Mad props for sticking to your guns.  In the MA forum, HM thinks the next shot for stratospheric stuff leading to blocking things will be in the 1/20 - 1/25 time frame.

January is the new wildcard! Nobody said it would be cold, could go either way, hell, throw Feb in there also, you will have two wildcards on the way to a royal flush! :)

Royal flush for 3 models

post-180-0-50232900-1420584287_thumb.gif

:underthewx:

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present:

"The models always lose the storm at this range!"

The impulse hasn't been properly sampled yet. We have to get the upcoming pv to move through before the models will be able to lock on to the proper track of the slp. Models will pick back up on the storm once we get into the 48 hour window - models are having too difficult a time deciphering the screaming jet with the changing pattern until then anyway. Longer range models never really handle these setups anyway, have to wait for the NAM and RUC. If it doesn't work don't worry, pattern change coming after day ten.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present:

"The models always lose the storm at this range!"

Lol

January is the new wildcard! Nobody said it would be cold, could go either way, hell, throw Feb in there also, you will have two wildcards on the way to a royal flush! :)

The contortions that are incoming from the people who putout forecasts this year should be pretty entertaining.

The impulse hasn't been properly sampled yet. We have to get the upcoming pv to move through before the models will be able to lock on to the proper track of the slp. Models will pick back up on the storm once we get into the 48 hour window - models are having too difficult a time deciphering the screaming jet with the changing pattern until then anyway. Longer range models never really handle these setups anyway, have to wait for the NAM and RUC. If it doesn't work don't worry, pattern change coming after day ten.

Best...Post...Today...

Archived