• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

It's good that you're there, though. You don't wanna take a chance with that. Some people really resist seeing a doc unless things are falling off. My mom's appendix nearly ruptured, which would have been bad. Fortunately, they caught it before it happened and she was fine pretty quickly.

Yep. Not something I want to chance. Good times at Moses Cone.

Do you drink alcohol?

Uh yeah, you got anything in that cabinet for me?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice threat is about done, stick a fork in it. When you start hearing excuses why the Euro is wrong in it's wheelhouse time range you can call it...

The excuses are loltastic.

Meh, the Euro had a cold rain in the upper 30s with the 12z run five days out from last March's ice storm. Apparently, the 3" of sleet, 1/2" of ZR, and thousands of power outages didn't happen.

It might be time to stick a fork into this one outside of the CAD regions of NC and maybe SC, but I'm not even sure about that.

I'm not trying to paint the Euro run as a good thing, but the 00z run had a major ice storm for some areas of the SE, so I'm not bailing after one run.

Really? Really? Strawman of the decade right there.....

Just an example. I see no reason to bail yet when last night's Euro run clobbered this area.

The Canadian shifted much colder at 12z, too. We'll see. Remember I can get ice while you're in the 40s, so our perspectives are different. I do feel like this one might be slipping away for Alabama and Georgia, and maybe tomorrow I'll say the same for MBY.

Ice threat is about done, stick a fork in it.  When you start hearing excuses why the Euro is wrong in it's wheelhouse time range you can call it... 

Meh, the Euro had a cold rain in the upper 30s with the 12z run five days out from last March's ice storm. Apparently, the 3" of sleet, 1/2" of ZR, and thousands of power outages didn't happen.

It might be time to stick a fork into this one outside of the CAD regions of NC and maybe SC, but I'm not even sure about that.

I'm not trying to paint the Euro run as a good thing, but the 00z run had a major ice storm for some areas of the SE, so I'm not bailing after one run.

Really? Really?  Strawman of the decade right there..... 

Really. Trying to keep up your optimistic approach you have been showing since December. 

IMHO, there's a whole forum dedicated to general banter and OT already. 

Yeah it's there. But once we divided the board into separate forums it went into decline and currently is pretty much done.  People tend to want to chat with folks they know and are comfortable with.  Moving the board to geographical based forums affected everything, not just weather posts.  In any case, it was just a suggestion and an effort to address posted concerns.  

Ice threat is about done, stick a fork in it.  When you start hearing excuses why the Euro is wrong in it's wheelhouse time range you can call it... 

The warm solution on the euro is a concern. I still think we have a shot at this storm. We've seen many times in the past where the models lose our storm only to bring it back at the day 4/3 time period. BUT usually the players stay on the field whereas it only takes small changes to turn things around. That's why the euro concerns me; the low to NW is not a small detail.

SJ you're right but when you get CAD usually I get CAD.  It's rare you will see a raging ice storm in High Point and Marietta is in the 40's - We usually end up with 33-35 and rain while you guys get ice if we both don't get ice.  I think some people don't quite understand how strong CAD is in North GA.  I get your point though.  My original comment was crafted for my neck of the woods, that said I think the Euro is a bad sign for you guys wanting ice up there in North Central NC.  5 days is it's wheelhouse..  I hope it shifts back but I'll take the Euro at 5 days over any other model every single time if I was placing my bets.

Really? Really?  Strawman of the decade right there..... 

I don't know if that's really a straw man.  The Euro could be right.  But there's still not a consensus.  The flow is somewhat messy and the windows of cold and precip are still up in the air.  At five days out, given a situation where timing really matters, I wouldn't say it's settled yet.

Edit:  NM, sir.  I see your subsequent post.

SJ you're right but when you get CAD usually I get CAD. It's rare you will see a raging ice storm in High Point and Marietta is in the 40's - We usually end up with 33-35 and rain while you guys get ice if we both don't get ice. I think some people don't quite understand how strong CAD is in North GA. I get your point though. My original comment was crafted for my neck of the woods, that said I think the Euro is a bad sign for you guys wanting ice up there in North Central NC. 5 days is it's wheelhouse.. I hope it shifts back but I'll take the Euro at 5 days over any other model every single time if I was placing my bets.

February 2011 RIP euro op.

the euro doesn't have a wheelhouse anymore, it lost that years ago.

Lol, ok...  It's the same model nothing has changed, it still verifies the best as it has for years. 

I'll be optimistic when the situation warrants, this is slipping away from us guys.  Face it head on or don't but that's the way I see it.   Brick your post was loltastic as well.  Why stay optimistic about a storm that we are watching slowly slip away.  There is a difference between blind optimism and having a good attitude about things.

I don't know if that's really a straw man.  The Euro could be right.  But there's still not a consensus.  The flow is somewhat messy and the windows of cold and precip are still up in the air.  At five days out, given a situation where timing really matters, I wouldn't say it's settled yet.

Edit:  NM, sir.  I see your subsequent post.

Quote of the day IMO.

Was that when they did the down...er..upgrade?

right before that I believe. That was the storm the euro hung onto a coastal that hammered the mtns and Tennessee, all within 72 hours. It got beat very badly by the nam, and cmc, GFS too. Ever since then it's lost its luster. Now it seems to over amp systems too much.

right before that I believe. That was the storm the euro hung onto a coastal that hammered the mtns and Tennessee, all within 72 hours. It got beat very badly by the nam, and cmc, GFS too. Ever since then it's lost its luster. Now it seems to over amp systems too much.

This one time at band camp...

Lol, ok... It's the same model nothing has changed, it still verifies the best as it has for years.

I'll be optimistic when the situation warrants, this is slipping away from us guys. Face it head on or don't but that's the way I see it. Brick your post was loltastic as well. Why stay optimistic about a storm that we are watching slowly slip away. There is a difference between blind optimism and having a good attitude about things.

face what? The fact that I live in elevation and don't cad in my area? I never was in the game on ice nor do I care. Even the GFS had rain here. It's not even close to the same model. I guess you missed my post back in December on the GFS euro. You can also read my post in the pattern thread about the euro.

Yep. Not something I want to chance. Good times at Moses Cone.

Do you drink alcohol?

Uh yeah, you got anything in that cabinet for me?

Lol!  You need to stay out of that cabinet for a day or two.  See if you can get em to give you a hit of morphine.  You'll be good to go then!

I see this thread as the one place in the forum where we get to know about each other beyond our shared interest in weather.  I also see your point.  We may want to think about adding a "weather banter" thread for the winter months. That way we could have a place reserved only for non technical weather chat and a place to just hang out and chat about anything else while we get to know each other better.  Opinions?

Yes, definitely.  We've asked for this in previous winters.

Well, to be honest, I thought the banter thread was created to talk about weather banter in the first place and I was the reason it was created.

It's not all about you, Brick.  ;)

Yeah it's there. But once we divided the board into separate forums it went into decline and currently is pretty much done.  People tend to want to chat with folks they know and are comfortable with.  Moving the board to geographical based forums affected everything, not just weather posts.  In any case, it was just a suggestion and an effort to address posted concerns.  

I could not agree more.  I very rarely visit any other forum on this site besides the SE one.  Occasionally I'll visit PR, but that's even in general decline in terms of participation.

face what? The fact that I live in elevation and don't cad in my area? I never was in the game on ice nor do I care. Even the GFS had rain here. It's not even close to the same model. I guess you missed my post back in December on the GFS euro. You can also read my post in the pattern thread about the euro.

I live at a higher elevation than you and in the heart of the CAD region. Be jealous.

Archived