Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's a major ice storm for us! ;) 'Tis trash for most of the forum, though.  I think it's a good step forward after 12z's dumpster fire.

You're right for us. Definitely a positive step from the 12z for ice, if you're into that kind of thing. At this point, just give me a winter storm. Ice, sleet, snow, don't care at this point.

I'd actually like to take the GFS-para and run. ;) Snow to sleet maybe ice. A real ground freezer.

Well it's GFS vs Euro! Who will win? I guess Canadian had lots of moisture, but warm?! GFS 00z = ice storm for Carolinas and NGa, Euro- basically dry and too warm by Monday for some sprinkles? Need the GFS to score a coup!! Can't believe I stayed up for that dumpster fire run! :(

Haha! Sucker!

would anyone care if DC never saw another snow?  Seems they have done extremely well in the last 5-7 years.

Except for Bob Chill, glad to see him get a snow.  Most of the others simply complain about getting 2 inches versus 4-5.

Yeah they're spoiled in DC from 09-10...When you get 15" average and you squeek out 56.1", you're forever changed. Add 13-14 with 32" and they may have had some expectations from the seasonal foreacsts put out. ANY snow is liked by us in the SE but it seems Big Dog or Bust up there, DCA & north. I will say though there are some that are more than happy with 3" especially from a clipper.

As others have stated, the para is still showing the ice event. This really will be a test for this "improved" product. It seems in past winter events the models have had issues once they get within 6/5 days. They initially show a storm, lose it, and then sometimes bring it back. The losing of the storm seems to happen more times than not. Maybe the para has fixed this issue.

Archived