joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Michelle, for moving this to banter..

Snowstorm and others,

Regarding KATL, it is often within 1 or 2 of the coldest in the ATL area on nights with good wind. Furthermore, the coldest night in a cold snap can easily be the windiest night. Don't be deceived, folks. KATL is quite capable of representing the ATL area well if they're not relying on radiational cooling for the temp.'s to drop.

KATL also does very well in wedges if they reach down there as well. Also, when it is cloudy/precip. falling, it is representative.

But when we're talking clear, calm, and dry, KATL is the absolute pits for low temp rep. for ATL.

Thanks, Michelle for moving this to banter..

Snowstorm and others,

Regarding KATL, it is often within 1 or 2 of the coldest in the ATL area on nights with good wind. Furthermore, the coldest night in a cold snap can easily be the windiest night. Don't be deceived, folks. KATL is quite capable of representing the ATL area well if they're not relying on radiational cooling for the temp.'s to drop.

kATL also does very well in wedges if they reach down there.

This is very true.  When the winds are from the northwest bringing artic air in, the temperatures are very uniform hours after a front has passed.  KATL also represents the I-20 and south region very well for high temperatures on calm days. But behind cold fronts, temperatures can be in the mid 40s in Henry County and in the mid 30s in the northwest counties. 

This is very true.  When the winds are from the northwest bringing artic air in, the temperatures are very uniform hours after a front has passed.  KATL also represents the I-20 and south region very well for high temperatures on calm days. But behind cold fronts, temperatures can be in the mid 40s in Henry County and in the mid 30s in the northwest counties. 

True, KATL represents the area well for highs in almost all cases (except maybe far NW with Arctic air incoming)(say within 2 or so in other cases). Yes, just behind cold fronts, there often will be a big diff, between S/E metro and NW metro.

the point I'm making is you better have given Marietta a warning also or you are not being very fair. Go ahead and ban me. I will set up a different account from a different ip address.

Enjoy your vacation this week and you should probably use the time to work on your new posting habits  

Thanks, Michelle, for moving this to banter..

Snowstorm and others,

KATL also does very well in wedges if they reach down there as well. Also, when it is cloudy/precip. falling, it is representative.

But when we're talking clear, calm, and dry, KATL is the absolute pits for low temp rep. for ATL.

Yes, but for the BUSIEST airport in the WORLD is insane to have an "official" reading for a metro of 6.3 million in the middle of a runway............

What do you want to discuss, that it is the same temp in NO than it is in Raleigh currently. Their is still a ridge in the immediate deep south.

SE ridge ftw! I was just playing...I don't really care about temps unless we get into single digits, unless there's frozen precip on the line, or unless I buy UGAZ, and I sold that a while back.

Archived