joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And know it alls....there quiet a bit of nick nacken going on....if someone dosent like the others opinion ten wana be mets are right behind with ten diffrent answers or opinions last time i checked this is a hobby for most not a congressional hearing lol

You sound angry. There's nothing really here to be angry about. None of this is really that big of a deal, even though there's a lot of discussion about it (which there's nothing wrong with some debate). For the most part, things go really well on here.

Let's not pretend there haven't been D7+ threads created by respected members. There was one already this winter and the thread for last January's southern snowstorm was started over a week out.

It is what it is, though.

Lets also not pretend that there hasn't been discussion among mods from all the forums about, how to limit specific event threads to 5 days out. You are correct in one aspect though.  It is, what it is.

Let's not pretend there haven't been D7+ threads created by respected members. There was one already this winter and the thread for last January's southern snowstorm was started over a week out.

It is what it is, though.

Yeah, agreed but to say there are cliques is a strawman.  If there were a clique Brick would be part of it.  Let's face it, rule or no rule a met will be given more latitude over Brick and well pretty much anyone else who isn't a met...  IMO it's a good poster over someone who while may be a good guy isn't the best person to be starting threads based on his history of regurgitating crap and feeding it to us. So imo when someone breaks the unwritten rule of five days depending on who you are is going to determine the feedback..... 

wow the banter oscillation index looks to be going toward record negative territory, and is there no surprise there, as there just hasn't been anything credible to track, and the warm december that lingered too long into January has a lot of people nervous.

But what I like about this board is that it seems that when nothing is going on, its like two teams battling it out on the field, but when the game is over, there is congratulations and shaking of hands.  The people on here have become like TV characters to me, and I cant wait till the next time I check the board to see what old so and so is up to.

Anytime you get more than a few people in a group there are going to be some that you just flat out don't get along with and thats life and this board is a microcosm of that, and I'd say its a testament to the moderators and everyone who posts or reads here, that it goes as well as it does. 

All that being said, if there's one thing good about it being warm and no snow, is that things never stay the same, so its going to get cold and snowy at some point, and vice versa.  So climo speaking, the next 4 to 6 weeks are going to be very interesting to watch and I for one can't wait. 

DING DING DING.  Exactly what's wrong here.  If burger started it this conversation wouldn't be happening.  Now mods are deleting threads based on their personal preference.  Lovely site.

I think the big difference here is I wouldn't have started a thread on it. That's my point. No one had started a thread cause most had a good sense not to as of right now as it was rather pointless. Had someone else started it at least they could add something real to the discussion in most cases. That's the big problem here and personally I think it's valid that someone who is starting a storm thread should be able to add something real and tangible and not just something regurgitated. The bigger issue to me is not that one was started but who started it. There is justification for this as CR pointed out Brick has started numerous threads that were totally pointless. He clearly has not learned so YES he should be policed at this point. 

wow the banter oscillation index looks to be going toward record negative territory, and is there no surprise there, as there just hasn't been anything credible to track, and the warm december that lingered too long into January has a lot of people nervous.

But what I like about this board is that it seems that when nothing is going on, its like two teams battling it out on the field, but when the game is over, there is congratulations and shaking of hands.  The people on here have become like TV characters to me, and I cant wait till the next time I check the board to see what old so and so is up to.

Anytime you get more than a few people in a group there are going to be some that you just flat out don't get along with and thats life and this board is a microcosm of that, and I'd say its a testament to the moderators and everyone who posts or reads here, that it goes as well as it does. 

All that being said, if there's one thing good about it being warm and no snow, is that things never stay the same, so its going to get cold and snowy at some point, and vice versa.  So climo speaking, the next 4 to 6 weeks are going to be very interesting to watch and I for one can't wait. 

Really couldn't have said it better myself. So many people think forums are without any politics which is just plain silly when it's made up of real life people behind a keyboard. 

I think the big difference here is I wouldn't have started a thread on it. That's my point. No one had started a thread cause most had a good sense not to as of right now as it was rather pointless. Had someone else started it at least they could add something real to the discussion in most cases. That's the big problem here and personally I think it's valid that someone who is starting a storm thread should be able to add something real and tangible and not just something regurgitated. The bigger issue to me is not that one was started but who started it. There is justification for this as CR pointed out Brick has started numerous threads that were totally pointless. He clearly has not learned so YES he should be policed at this point.

The other thing I wanted to make sure everyone remembered, before lighting the straw man on fire is that all but one of the threads Brick started over the last year were very well received. There's not some conspiracy against Brick. That's silly.

Don't you have to have something in order to give it up?? :D

Did you miss Flurryfest 2014 in December? ;)

The LR is starting to look bleak in some respects (at least for the foreseeable future, even if we do get Fab Feb). We need a miracle this weekend, but some of the modeling is looking less than encouraging today...

Glenn Burns troll job strikes again. On his fb he trolls us winter loves with a photo of the gfs at hr 348. It shows 60s. Honestly I wonder how he's a Chief met.

the man is too comfortable in his position...  He has a cult following that allows WSB to keep him and he knows it...  He can say pretty much whatever he wants and his followers will lap it up and ask for more.

Did you miss Flurryfest 2014 in December? ;)

The LR is starting to look bleak in some respects (at least for the foreseeable future, even if we do get Fab Feb). We need a miracle this weekend, but some of the modeling is looking less than encouraging today...

Haha true...I forgot about FlurryFest. I'm not too worried about the LR anymore. We're now at the turn of the tide. Things have been stacked against us so far, but that's about to change. The models will catch up to it soon.

the man is too comfortable in his position... He has a cult following that allows WSB to keep him and he knows it... He can say pretty much whatever he wants and his followers will lap it up and ask for more.

He's a very cocky and arrogant guy. At least that's the way he comes off on social media. He HATES winter. I wish I still had the DMs we shared. He picks the model that's the warmest. It baffles me.

He's a very cocky and arrogant guy. At least that's the way he comes off on social media. He HATES winter. I wish I still had the DMs we shared. He picks the model that's the warmest. It baffles me.

I have met him and yes he is an ass clown. Kirk Mellish on the radio side blows him away, but Kirk has a face for radio, he is a great guy.

I have met him and yes he is an ass clown. Kirk Mellish on the radio side blows him away, but Kirk has a face for radio, he is a great guy.

Yes he certainly does. Lol. I used to like mellish until I heard of multiple stories of him plagiarizing. Atlanta needs some mets like Chris, brad p, and Allan.

Glenn Burns troll job strikes again. On his fb he trolls us winter loves with a photo of the gfs at hr 348. It shows 60s. Honestly I wonder how he's a Chief met.

I'm starting to see why lookout is so frustrated with the guy. Glenn should stick to severe weather since that is all he is good for.

I completely agree. Love brad. I was hoping when cook retired Glenn would too. Whatever happened to David chandley?

David Chandley chose not to renew his contract with WSB back in July because he wanted to pursue a Chief met position elsewhere. This opened up speculation that he may be heading over to WAGA (FOX 5) to replace Ken Cook. His 6 month contract clause with WSB ends this month so the timing would be perfect.

This is my personal opinion, but I think even if Glenn had of retired when Ken Cook did, Brad Nitz would have been picked as his replacement over David. David probably sensed he would get thrown under the bus for Brad even if he waited it out a few more years. It seems like Brad Nitz is more groomed for the job imo.

Archived