joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HELL no I am NOT being negative. I love the "doom and gloom" predictions as much as you guy's do. One thing we have to remember first and foremost is we do live in the SOUTH, if you want constant "winter" I suggest you move to Minnesota and freeze your tail off. I promise you, you will think twice about winter. I lived near Duluth for ten years when my Dad was in the Air Force, believe me going to school with a -60 wind chill was not fun. I am not going to apologize for my sometimes pessimistic views when I look at models and everything thing is out fifteen days. I have been disappointed way more than you guys. I am 64 years old and have seen many a threat in the SE vanish in to thin air. As you all know, things have to be "spot" on for the SE to have a winter event. This wishcasting and looking at every model run has become monotonous and somewhat comical at the same time, and is very deflating to ones "winter" morale.

Most, not all of you guy's think that your Sh$$ does not stink and your holier than thou attitude is what all should believe. This forum should be fun, but many make it impossible to even post something on here without some little teenage girl critique. I love cold weather but am not going to be unrealistic about the variables that go with nature and what she wants to do with it.

Oh my god! Best post ever from you.

Uh, that was 4 years ago....Genius.

Don't be a dummy. The date YOU posted in the post was "November, 13 2014 Miami". Either I've missed 4 years worth of non-winters and the current president is not named Barack Obama, OR somebody :rolleyes: made a typo, OR there's a little bit of :bs: rolling around tonight. :whistle:

Don't be a dummy. The date YOU posted in the post was "November, 13 2014 Miami". Either I've missed 4 years worth of non-winters and the current president is not named Barack Obama, OR somebody :rolleyes: made a typo, OR there's a little bit of :bs: rolling around tonight. :whistle:

I figured it out. He is 60 and 4 weeks, I think?

What is the "some" you don't agree with??

Thanks

You are right in that things need to be "spot on, old chap" to get a winter storm in the SE. It's also more accurate most of the time to be pessimistic when it comes to snow chances here. But I'm not sure that's a lot more fun of an approach.

You're welcome.

Typo, after all I am getting pre-dementia, it should have read 2010.

HELL no I am NOT being negative. I love the "doom and gloom" predictions as much as you guy's do. One thing we have to remember first and foremost is we do live in the SOUTH, if you want constant "winter" I suggest you move to Minnesota and freeze your tail off. I promise you, you will think twice about winter. I lived near Duluth for ten years when my Dad was in the Air Force, believe me going to school with a -60 wind chill was not fun. I am not going to apologize for my sometimes pessimistic views when I look at models and everything thing is out fifteen days. I have been disappointed way more than you guys. I am 64 years old and have seen many a threat in the SE vanish in to thin air. As you all know, things have to be "spot" on for the SE to have a winter event. This wishcasting and looking at every model run has become monotonous and somewhat comical at the same time, and is very deflating to ones "winter" morale.

Most, not all of you guy's think that your Sh$$ does not stink and your holier than thou attitude is what all should believe. This forum should be fun, but many make it impossible to even post something on here without some little teenage girl critique. I love cold weather but am not going to be unrealistic about the variables that go with nature and what she wants to do with it.

Stay classy Max.

The irony here is a lot of what you said is true and yet it applies to yourself. I wasn't the one getting upset about a run of the GFS showing 70's 15 days out. I wasn't expecting you to get so butthurt over light hearted banter that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Stay classy Max.

The irony here is a lot of what you said is true and yet it applies to yourself. I wasn't the one getting upset about a run of the GFS showing 70's 15 days out. I wasn't expecting you to get so butthurt over light hearted banter that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Well, you know, it's a pattern here that cannot be broken, sort of like our beautiful SE RIDGE............

Care to do a verification analysis?

If you don't like something, don't read it. How is it better for the forum, to take one negative post and turn it into 10 more bitching about it?  Now we have 11 posts that I don't want to read.  I agree with those that say that there is an over sensitivity toward any post that dares claim things are going warm, as if the mere posting of the idea may cause it to occur.  That's the nature of the board and it is what it is.

BTW, I'm talking to folks in general and not specifically to you.  I just replied to you because your post fit my first question.  

I know right!?   :banned:

That's a near perfect analogy, if you stop and think about it.  Probably not in the way you intended however.

:lol: 

Why are you feeding the trolls?   :yikes:

GA= Pessimistic except Deltadog and GAWX.

SC= Optimistic because of November snow.

NC= optimistic just because

FL= We DGAF, bring on rainy season.

:blahblah:

:P  :hug: 

Well, you know, it's a pattern here that cannot be broken, sort of like our beautiful SE RIDGE............

:weenie:

stop wishcasting.

No... Wish casting would have been like, "The 28z GFS is not showing the full extent of the precipitation that will be present at the time. The dymamics and cloud condensation nuclei will be more prevalent than what the 18z GFS is showing, thus the need for freezing rain advisories to be further east to include the Waycross area.

No... Wish casting would have been like, "The 28z GFS is not showing the full extent of the precipitation that will be present at the time. The dymamics and cloud condensation nuclei will be more prevalent than what the 18z GFS is showing, thus the need for freezing rain advisories to be further east to include the Waycross area.

Haha...don't forget: "the shortwave is stronger and digging more!"

Guys, thanks for finally giving max some attention, which was what he was trying to do for weeks. I know there's an unofficial rule about not feeding trolls, but honestly these posts were just going to get worse and worse until someone finally did call him out on it. 

This will simply advance the "process" by a few days or so.  :)

GA= Pessimistic except Deltadog and GAWX.

SC= Optimistic because of November snow.

NC= optimistic just because

FL= We DGAF, bring on rainy season.

Metal,

How could you possibly forget to put Tony "Norman Vincent Peale" dsaur in the eternal optimistic bucket for sleet for GA? You do know he is the president of the Sleet Eternal Optimist Club of America, don't you?

Archived