joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm convinced that max is a troll and a pretty good one at that. I'm also wondering if snowstorm and max are actually the same poster.

I'm pretty sure Max is the guy a few years back who was claiming to be personal friends with Glen MF Burns. He ended up getting banned.

Wish I could have swung my schedule and chased today in southern MS/AL.  A decent environment setting up down there right now for a few twisters,  I would love to be there.  Wouldn't be surprise to see a couple of warnings popping up through the afternoon with a few confirmed tornados.  Lots of chasers down there per skywarn so there will be good reports coming in as far as damage and touchdowns.  7 with cams currently streaming on TVN.  These panhandle hook low tracks really bring such a mixed bag to dixie alley so I will be interested to see how the line progress today and the severe that comes from it.  1500 j/kg cape starting to build with 50kt shear moving into place... thats pretty ripe.

Hate to go all Wilksdud on y'all, but the birds are crazy out there today!!! Just saw a flock of like a thousand blackbirds fly over, they were very loud and raucous and they were heading South! They know what's coming!!

Yeah Mack, the WBI Model (Wilkes Bird Index) has been predicting some 500mb (milli-bird) thicknesses dropping south that generally proceed a brief period of Healing Skies.  Looks to be short-lived, though, as the positive anomalies in the WBI Raucous Factor (WBIRF) would indicate a cold shot immediately following the Healing.

And I saw three ducks chasing a cat out by the lake today.  That's gotta mean something. :)

LOL.....what do you guys think, is this a crappy look (18z GFS at hr 348):

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=348ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_348_1000_500_thick.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=1000_500_thick&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150103+18+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

I honestly think something is wrong with this run (it looked strange at day 8 and afterwards).

LOL.....what do you guys think, is this a crappy look (18z GFS at hr 348):

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=348ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_348_1000_500_thick.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=1000_500_thick&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150103+18+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

I honestly think something is wrong with this run (it looked strange at day 8 and afterwards).

Freezing line in Canada. I'm in. #PatternChange

Archived