• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

I really really want to move to a part of the country that gets a lot of snow and cold..... Just have to work up the guts to move to a place where I don't know anyone. I guess it scares me to move that far away. Anyone want to move with me ? Metalic ? Anyone ?

Sure, me and Franklin can move with you to South Bend,In or State College,PA.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maine would probably be the best choice. Bangor,Maine! Portland be rainin all da time during dem nor easterz!

Interior Maine would definitely be best, but even Portland gets it's fair share of snow from nor'easters. I would love to live in Bangor. But, I guess the best place for snow outside of mountainous areas would be in lake effect areas such as Watertown, Rochester, Syracuse, Marquette, etc. Of course, the mountains out west would be nice to live in also.

This time next week the artic hounds will have made their appearance and some of us are going to be on here watching for t he ice man to make his first visit of the season. Will be watching on the short range models along with globals. Hard to see at a minimum how the favored cad areas avoid atleast a front end overrunning event.

Interior Maine would definitely be best, but even Portland gets it's fair share of snow from nor'easters. I would love to live in Bangor. But, I guess the best place for snow outside of mountainous areas would be in lake effect areas such as Watertown, Rochester, Syracuse, Marquette, etc. Of course, the mountains out west would be nice to live in also.

I'm a huge fan of New Hampshire, especially Whites in that state. I wouldn't mind finding a job in that state or Maine, although I'm terrible at forecasting New England region in WxChallenge :( 

The company I work for, recently adopted the snow/ice policy that when our county schools are closed, we are closed, with pay! So I am roorting for snow/ice, not on the weekends!!

I don't know why every company doesn't have this policy ? I mean, I'm sure a lot of kids sit at home by themselves because their parents can't get off of work and they can't find a babysitter on such short notice.

I don't know why every company doesn't have this policy ? I mean, I'm sure a lot of kids sit at home by themselves because their parents can't get off of work and they can't find a babysitter on such short notice.

Some jobs have go get done...

I'd rather not have the entire town shut down for the day just because the school system got trigger happy and cancelled school for an inch of slush and wet pavement.

I really don't get why they are fixing I-40 from Cary to Knightdale at all. Government claims that it's aging, but pre-project I-40 look FAR better than interstates around Asheville especially "future" I-26 between downtown and Bumcombe/Madison county line. NC government is doing better now, but they were awful with road management when I first moved into this state during recession.

The concrete subsurface of the entire road has failed and they are replacing it because some construction company decades ago used an incorrect pavement admixture.

http://www.ncdot.gov/fortifync/

Winter of 2011-12 was very warm, had no storms to track, and had a very cold shot in January ( that only lasted a day or two ). This winter is a carbon copy so far.

Yep, it sure did. I am still hopeful by mid Jan we start to see signs of blocking, if not winter punt.

Archived