Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gas tax might be higher in NC but the roads aren't crumbling like SC

It helps that we don't have inspections , that way we drive the crumbling roads, but don't have to keep up with the maintenance! No muffler, no problem! No catalytic converter, no problem!

No windshield , no problem! It's good to be free in SC!

Can't argue w/ that, but I'm pretty upset about how slow the 295 bypass around Fayetteville is being constructed.. The Bragg Blvd (24/87)-Ramsey Street section was supposed to initially be finished in 2012, it's 2015 & they still aren't finished... smh Considering our gas tax is re-calculated twice per year, NC may have to (& in all likelihood will at least try to) raise the gas tax to keep the flow of money going, because there's a big difference in taking a percentage per gallon when gas is closer to $3+ as it was earlier this yr...

Can't argue w/ that, but I'm pretty upset about how slow the 295 bypass around Fayetteville is being constructed.. The Bragg Blvd (24/87)-Ramsey Street section was supposed to initially be finished in 2012, it's 2015 & they still aren't finished... smh Considering our gas tax is re-calculated twice per year, NC may have to (& in all likelihood will at least try to) raise the gas tax to keep the flow of money going, because there's a big difference in taking a percentage per gallon when gas is closer to $3+ as it was earlier this yr...

More than likely at the rate they're currently going, I'll probably be as old as jburns before the bypass is complete...

More than likely at the rate they're currently going, I'll probably be as old as jburns before the bypass is complete...

Don't laugh.  When I moved to High Point in 1980 the 311 bypass was on the state transportation project list.  It was finished in 2012.

I was wrong.

You can't win them all  :P  

And....TCU who a playoff was really designed for just gets to sit outside looking in because of their idiot conf. commissioner. 

Indeed 

We got took to the wood shed! At least sec west can't win it this year. Congrats Buckeyes...Michele!

:pimp:    :hug:

I loved seeing AL lose like that. That team needed to be knocked down a peg.

Grats Buckeyes and Ducks

+1   :sun:   

More than four teams and you would need extra weeks to play the games...

8 teams you would need one extra week - could go ten teams but you would need to have two teams with bye's....

No u start season one week earlier and do away with bye weeks. Play 10 games. Definitely have to have more than 4. Just like NFL very rarely does the best team win it's the hottest team. I'm not for TCU but they have a right to argue. As do a couple others. Oregon may have beat fsu but really fsu beat themselves, problem is Oregon plays no top 10 teams thru season. Got to look at schedules when determini who is in playoffs. FSU had a weak schedule to but when undefeated and current national champ they had to be in it. Just alot to work out but definitely better than what has been

I knew this would happen as soon as they implicated a playoff system lol.

Everyone would say that 4 isn't enough. (And they did. Lots of folks saying TCU and/or Baylor got hosed. Although I didn't think that.)

Then extend it to 8, so everyone could say team #9 got screwed lol.

Hell, just do it March madness style. 64 team playoff ftl.

Fine with me do top 25 lol but only team that played a strong schedule was bama yes they got beat which didn't break my heart but they deserved to be there. But anyway on to the NFL

No u start season one week earlier and do away with bye weeks. Play 10 games. Definitely have to have more than 4. Just like NFL very rarely does the best team win it's the hottest team. I'm not for TCU but they have a right to argue. As do a couple others. Oregon may have beat fsu but really fsu beat themselves, problem is Oregon plays no top 10 teams thru season. Got to look at schedules when determini who is in playoffs. FSU had a weak schedule to but when undefeated and current national champ they had to be in it. Just alot to work out but definitely better than what has been

Stanford, usc, Arizona st? Plus they looked like a number 1 team against fsu.

Hahahaha I dont think so maybe down east but the roads up in the mtns are horrible in places i know plow trucks dont help. As much as we pay in taxes in this state i expect better. Tennessee has us all beat in my opinion just dont wreck lol no insurance requirement.....

1 nice thing about Fla - no income tax and a flat 6% sales

Another nice thing about FL is that you don't have to worry about getting your hopes up for a snowstorm only to be disappointed like so often happens in many southern states. I've always said my ideal place to live would be somwhere that is either guaranteed of at least one snow per year or a place that has absolutely no chance of snow in a given year. GA is right in between those two areas. NC and TN are pretty much guaranteed one snow every year. 

Another nice thing about FL is that you don't have to worry about getting your hopes up for a snowstorm only to be disappointed like so often happens in many southern states. I've always said my ideal place to live would be somwhere that is either guaranteed of at least one snow per year or a place that has absolutely no chance of snow in a given year.

go 100 miles south of here and you've got a lock ....

otherwise, maybe/sorta .....  :rambo:

Archived