• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

So there is still no sign of winter weather, and this cold snap is slowly looking weaker. A winter like 2011-2012 can still easily occur since even that winter had 1 decent cold snap in it.

How can you say this cold snap is looking weaker ? Our best met in ATL ( Glenn Burns) says we could have highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 20s next week. Brrrrrrrr.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No u start season one week earlier and do away with bye weeks. Play 10 games. Definitely have to have more than 4. Just like NFL very rarely does the best team win it's the hottest team. I'm not for TCU but they have a right to argue. As do a couple others. Oregon may have beat fsu but really fsu beat themselves, problem is Oregon plays no top 10 teams thru season. Got to look at schedules when determini who is in playoffs. FSU had a weak schedule to but when undefeated and current national champ they had to be in it. Just alot to work out but definitely better than what has been

I say take the 10 conference champs and add 6 at-large teams for a 16 week playoff. It would only last four weeks. Start right after the regular season is over It makes no sense to have four weeks in between the regular season and bowl games. And this is what all the other lower college divisions do. If they can do it, so can the big boys. Get rid n of all those pointless bowl games for mediocre teams and it would be a lot more exciting.

The quality of roads in NC is not all that. They have to repair and redo things a lot because they can't get it right the first time. Someone in the legislature probably gets a kickback from construction companies. We don't get what we pay for when it comes to the amount of taxes we pay. NC is one of the worst states in the country when it comes to that.

This lame "Arctic outbreak". No way this rivals last year's. These temperatures are weak! 20s and 30s and 40s for highs? Pfffftttt,weak! I've been in -18 with a wind chill of -36 in Chicago! I've had 60+ inches of snow in 2006-07 winter. I loved that February 2007 blizzard! My biggest snowstorm with 10 inches of snow. Beat that Jburns and Brick and others.

The quality of roads in NC is not all that. They have to repair and redo things a lot because they can't get it right the first time. Someone in the legislature probably gets a kickback from construction companies. We don't get what we pay for when it comes to the amount of taxes we pay. NC is one of the worst states in the country when it comes to that.

I really don't get why they are fixing I-40 from Cary to Knightdale at all. Government claims that it's aging, but pre-project I-40 look FAR better than interstates around Asheville especially "future" I-26 between downtown and Bumcombe/Madison county line. NC government is doing better now, but they were awful with road management when I first moved into this state during recession. 

This lame "Arctic outbreak". No way this rivals last year's. These temperatures are weak! 20s and 30s and 40s for highs? Pfffftttt,weak! I've been in -18 with a wind chill of -36 in Chicago! I've had 60+ inches of snow in 2006-07 winter. I loved that February 2007 blizzard! My biggest snowstorm with 10 inches of snow. Beat that Jburns and Brick and others.

I get tired of hearing about how great Chicago is! Go back, pleeeeeeease! Pretty please!

Do you want a cookie?

20's for highs in this part of the country are impressive. There is no way you can compare our winters to Chicago's. They will always get much more snow and much colder weather than our area because they are much further north. And yes, many places in the SE have had more than 10 inches of snow from 1 storm. The Jan 24-25 2000 storm dropped from 12-24 over much of NC and SC.

lol    With ease.   Trust me, you don't want to get into a contest with me over who has the most inches.

Why did you move to Waycross then?

20's for highs in this part of the country are impressive. There is no way you can compare our winters to Chicago's. They will always get much more snow and much colder weather than our area because they are much further north. And yes, many places in the SE have had more than 10 inches of snow from 1 storm. The Jan 24-25 2000 storm dropped from 12-24 over much of NC and SC.

Not true! Why do you guys sometimes do better than Washington DC? Or Seattle Washington? Also the 10 inches I got was impressive to me because I have never had that much snow. Of course if I would have stayed up there 2 more years,I would have experienced the 2011 Groundhog day Thundersnow storm with 20 inches of snow.

The NC High Country has winters that cold. When I lived on top of Sugar Mt, Banner Elk, NC. I remember it being 13 below with the wind gusting over 60 . We also averaged 80 plus inches at the 5000 ft elevation. Even the valley there averages near 40 inches a year. :shiver:  :shiver:

Lol 10 inches???

Had 15.3 in 93 in Birmingham and my biggest storm while living in keep harbor Michigan was 20.4 .

Lol ten inches

Archived