joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the banter thread. In the discussion thread,about saying a winter storm in the next 10 days, that was pure wish casting. Did you see any data posted in there about why we may see a winter storm?

BTW I was not talking about Deltadog. He is a great met and backs up everything he says.

No I didn't but other than Chris' posts I haven't seen a ton of posts on any wintry potential, but since I haven't been paying much attention the last two days as I've been busy, I've probably missed them. Anyway, there's no use in discussing it further as I understand the frustration with the 10+ days out stuff, it just gets old but I guess the banter on that is here to stay as long as the models keep screwing with us in the LR which I'm 100% sure they will continue to do.

Everyone's also tired of the constant "debbie Downer" posts that contribute nothing to the discussion.

Care to do a verification analysis?

If you don't like something, don't read it. How is it better for the forum, to take one negative post and turn it into 10 more bitching about it?  Now we have 11 posts that I don't want to read.  I agree with those that say that there is an over sensitivity toward any post that dares claim things are going warm, as if the mere posting of the idea may cause it to occur.  That's the nature of the board and it is what it is.

BTW, I'm talking to folks in general and not specifically to you.  I just replied to you because your post fit my first question.  

This is the banter thread. In the discussion thread,about saying a winter storm in the next 10 days, that was pure wish casting. Did you see any data posted in there about why we may see a winter storm?

BTW I was not talking about Deltadog. He is a great met and backs up everything he says.

A new member of the legion of dumb has emerged!

Glad you found the humor intended in that, Jon. It's hard to convey on a keyboard.

So now that the EPS shows a stark improvement, we take it and run, right? ;)

Good god yes. Unbelievable seeing the two models showing the same trend in 8-14. I'd like to cash out now and be happy before they start disagreeing again.

Good god yes. Unbelievable seeing the two models showing the same trend in 8-14. I'd like to cash out now and be happy before they start disagreeing again.

Maybe we can press our luck and have it repeat a time or two...or three. Haha. I think if we can eek out a winter storm in the next week or two, even a small one, the tone of the forum will change immensely.

Maybe we can press our luck and have it repeat a time or two...or three. Haha. I think if we can eek out a winter storm in the next week or two, even a small one, the tone of the forum will change immensely.

I agree.

Someone mentioned some sea snow earlier and well....WRAL's in-house for Wed night.. :lmao:

Hr7I5vk.jpg

All these negative folks are the ones that tell kids Santa Claus isn't real.

Brick, you've made an absolutely amazing transition. The boards are so proud of you. Now I see why you've been stripped of the People's Weenie title.

Snowstorm and Max are picking up the slack for Brick.

HELL no I am NOT being negative. I love the "doom and gloom" predictions as much as you guy's do. One thing we have to remember first and foremost is we do live in the SOUTH, if you want constant "winter" I suggest you move to Minnesota and freeze your tail off. I promise you, you will think twice about winter. I lived near Duluth for ten years when my Dad was in the Air Force, believe me going to school with a -60 wind chill was not fun. I am not going to apologize for my sometimes pessimistic views when I look at models and everything thing is out fifteen days. I have been disappointed way more than you guys. I am 64 years old and have seen many a threat in the SE vanish in to thin air. As you all know, things have to be "spot" on for the SE to have a winter event. This wishcasting and looking at every model run has become monotonous and somewhat comical at the same time, and is very deflating to ones "winter" morale.

Most, not all of you guy's think that your Sh$$ does not stink and your holier than thou attitude is what all should believe. This forum should be fun, but many make it impossible to even post something on here without some little teenage girl critique. I love cold weather but am not going to be unrealistic about the variables that go with nature and what she wants to do with it.

HELL no I am NOT being negative. I love the "doom and gloom" predictions as much as you guy's do. One thing we have to remember first and foremost is we do live in the SOUTH, if you want constant "winter" I suggest you move to Minnesota and freeze your tail off. I promise you, you will think twice about winter. I lived near Duluth for ten years when my Dad was in the Air Force, believe me going to school with a -60 wind chill was not fun. I am not going to apologize for my sometimes pessimistic views when I look at models and everything thing is out fifteen days. I have been disappointed way more than you guys. I am 64 years old and have seen many a threat in the SE vanish in to thin air. As you all know, things have to be "spot" on for the SE to have a winter event. This wishcasting and looking at every model run has become monotonous and somewhat comical at the same time, and is very deflating to ones "winter" morale.

Most, not all of you guy's think that your Sh$$ does not stink and your holier than thou attitude is what all should believe. This forum should be fun, but many make it impossible to even post something on here without some little teenage girl critique. I love cold weather but am not going to be unrealistic about the variables that go with nature and what she wants to do with it.

Some of this is a good post, by the way.

Archived