• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

As others have stated, the para is still showing the ice event. This really will be a test for this "improved" product. It seems in past winter events the models have had issues once they get within 6/5 days. They initially show a storm, lose it, and then sometimes bring it back. The losing of the storm seems to happen more times than not. Maybe the para has fixed this issue.

That seemed like the theme the last couple years. It picked up on the cold first an never backed down..

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have stated, the para is still showing the ice event. This really will be a test for this "improved" product. It seems in past winter events the models have had issues once they get within 6/5 days. They initially show a storm, lose it, and then sometimes bring it back. The losing of the storm seems to happen more times than not. Maybe the para has fixed this issue.

That is a good point. The GFS has been showing the ice storm for a couple of days, then all of a sudden it is dry. Euro is wet but too warm. Maybe the para is onto something.

Well, LC did wish an inch of ice on us once upon a time. Extreme drought aint too bad, I guess.

I'm pretty sure he wished that directly on Brandon lol. I'm torn between the drought and hoping for copious amounts of winter weather and rain just in order to stop the broken record.

Morale is in the tank right now and the thread debacle yesterday sure didn't help matters.

There is a sense of urgency when you're in a bad winter that isnt there in a season like 09/10 or 10/11. Sure, storms that bust or dont materialize still hurt but you're still going to see another pitch, most likely. In a year like this one is developing, do we get another pitch? It's like playoff baseball. If you go down 3-0 in the 3rd inning of a regular season game, you arent that worried. If it's a playoff game, then the sky is falling. 

I think it should have been up. Seems to me that if we have a (small) chance like this in a winter where it is winter storm after winter storm, you wait until just a few days out. In this instance, where we are all begging for the models to throw us a bone, it is good to separate things. Would like to be able track this storm and what is potentially behind it in the pattern thread. Just my opinion.

can we least limit sports talk?.

why? It's banter. No different than folks talking about getting drunk, complaining about lack of snow, throwing tantrums, comparing every storm to Jan 2000, seeing the rah nws discussion getting posted multiple times as soon as it comes out, discussing 300hr cad events that never pan out.

why? It's banter. No different than folks talking about getting drunk, complaining about lack of snow, throwing tantrums, comparing every storm to Jan 2000, seeing the rah nws discussion getting posted multiple times as soon as it comes out, discussing 300hr cad events that never pan out.

95% of what you posted above is weather related. I'm here for weather... don't care if Brick thread got deleted OR how craptastic UNC is. If I cared about UNC I'd go to the DEDICATED SPORTS FORUM to read about UNC.

Archived