Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Before this winter, you used to always sound miserable and complain about weather unless it was snowy and cold, sunny and warm, or tornadoes and hurricanes in Raleigh! I believe the only reason you are optimistic this winter is because of all the winter forecasts that called for cold.

Well, that is the only type of weather that matters.

Yeah, I know that intro to college class that all the athletes take and get credit for and is taught by someone in the athletic department at State has to be rough, too.

By the way every program at NC State has an intro to college course you have to take, and it's taught by someone within that program. Also it's REQUIRED by all students. So that means nothing at all. I know, I had to take it.

One thing is for certain....if we can't get winter weather from a 1060 mb HP, then we suck!

LOL...if we do strike out the next 7-10 days we will have to wait for the pattern to re-shuffle. Let's hope the EPS is right with its timing in the day 11-15 as it looks like by day 20 or so we could be back to something. Long way to go though. Call me dumb, but I am still optimistic on a above climo snowfall season.

Maybe JB doesn't bust, he better start praying the re-shuffle isn't 2 weeks but rather 5 days.

Edit: I am sure I will cancel winter 10 times the next few weeks :-)

Moonshine now is on ch 278 direct. Great show.

I would be very carefull to dismiss seeing frozen precip espeacilly triad of nc late sun through tues. May be front end freezing rain, frzng drizzle or dry as a bone. I just don't see how we just start off as plain cold rain or drizzle. I put odds higher at starting as pure snow or flurries and I don't see that happening eitheir. Sleet is a whole nother issue. It will be Friday into the weekend before possibly showing up on models more consistently imo. To much low dp, HP's sliding across the ne and overrunning potential. Virga is a higher possibility than staring as plain cold rain or drizzle. I posted last Sunday that by this coming Sunday we would all be sitting here (triad) model watching nam sref rap for this very potential just recognizing the pattern and I still feel just as confident. Not saying some whopper winter storm is coming but recognizing the pattern during this climo period is to much to ignore or throw out based off some waffling models 5 to 7 days out.

LOL...if we do strike out the next 7-10 days we will have to wait for the pattern to re-shuffle. Let's hope the EPS is right with its timing in the day 11-15 as it looks like by day 20 or so we could be back to something. Long way to go though. Call me dumb, but I am still optimistic on a above climo snowfall season.

Maybe JB doesn't bust, he better start praying the re-shuffle isn't 2 weeks but rather 5 days.

Edit: I am sure I will cancel winter 10 times the next few weeks :-)

Haha you always cancel winter! But I'm with you. We'll get above normal snowfall this year. It's gonna happen.

Let me introduce you to the "king" bows to the GFS ! There's a new "king" and I ain't talking about burger!

Mack,

Are you dead serious about Goofy becoming the new king??? I never would have believed it in a zillion years. However, Goofy was seen earlier today looking like this come to think of it:

post-882-0-21909200-1420605587_thumb.jpg

GaWx, yes, in this case, this storm, it's been too consistant! I've gotta believe ! I know it's not a monster storm and keeps getting pushed back

day 7 now on GFS , but I believe GFS has this one and NC will get some zrn and maybe a little sleet! GFS - king of this "storm"

You do realize that the Euro has been THE King without any interruption since 1996, don't you? It started dominating accuracy stats then!

I'm holding out hope. We haven't had a good snow here since 2010. The storm last year was interesting but it was a mixed, sloppy wet mess.

Hey now, February 12 and March 6 last year were great!  February 12 mixed too much for my liking, too, but ~8" is hard to beat!  And the March ice storm was fun last year with 3" of IP and 1/4-1/2" of ZR!  Of course, I couldn't help but think "if this was a little colder, we'd be talking about 20"...", but I still enjoyed it! :) The late January storm was enjoyable for its magnitude of cold.

The January 2013 ULL was somewhat enjoyable, too, though very wet.

That being said, the last time we had a legit, powder snowstorm was in 2010.  It would be nice to have another.  January 2010 was legit powder!  I'd take another of those!  :snowing:

Archived