Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Folks!

Everyone's doing a lot of bitchin' and moaning and complaining about patterns and what hasn't happened and what might happen and when the 2nd Coming happens and ....

But - you wouldn't have a place to prognosticate, pontificate or post without this forum.

So - let's keep this train rolling. Only $1,850 out of $10 K needed? How's about pulling out a credit card and donating before doing the next "gotcha" post?

Best,

:)

One thing Jon, our NWS sure missed it - called for 50's and windy today; was 65 and calm. They say 25 tonight, but it sure doesn't feel like it'll break 32.

But no cliff here ... we still have magic to pull out of that old hat !!!!

:icecream:

Haha! Same here. Im going with 25 as the lowest and that might even be a stretch I will be highly surprised if we actually reach 22. Now Alma, GA a little north of here will easily do that.

If you took that negative energy and put it towards positive energy we'd have a snow storm to track. Tsk tsk.

After 1/15, I'm positive on snow. As far as State basketball goes, we know how this story ends. Seen it too many times. Gottfried will not advance this team beyond where it's gotten under his command already. But if that's who we are, so be it. Regarding snow, don't you worry about that. We're gonna get some this year. :)

After 1/15, I'm positive on snow. As far as State basketball goes, we know how this story ends. Seen it too many times. Gottfried will not advance this team beyond where it's gotten under his command already. But if that's who we are, so be it. Regarding snow, don't you worry about that. We're gonna get some this year. :)

I'm just giving you grief lol.  I just have a pet peeve about the "whoa is me" attitude prevalent in our fanbase, I mean if that's how all alumni were in other aspects of their lives it would be the poorest, most uneducated fanbase (full of virgins I might add) in America :P

Bring on the storm threats though!

New top analogs: 1997-1998, 2004-2005, 2006-2007.

Defintely 04/05 and 06/07. We had many more potential analogs that were more snowy but those 2 are really shining now. They both had -AO Feb's. I would take the 07 look it had after Jan 20th. It was really dry during that period which is a guess on why it didn't produce but it has good blocking and was cold.

Defintely 04/05 and 06/07. We had many more potential analogs that were more snowy but those 2 are really shining now. They both had -AO Feb's. I would take the 07 look it had after Jan 20th. It was really dry during that period which is a guess on why it didn't produce but it has good blocking and was cold.

any jan --> march analog maps available for those years?

I'm just giving you grief lol. I just have a pet peeve about the "whoa is me" attitude prevalent in our fanbase, I mean if that's how all alumni were in other aspects of their lives it would be the poorest, most uneducated fanbase (full of virgins I might add) in America :P

Bring on the storm threats though!

Haha I know. I graduated from State in 97 and endured the Les Robinson days. I was pretty optimistic about Herb. Glass ceiling. I was not optimistic about Lowe. Justified. I was neutral about Gottfried. But "extra-curricular activities" and historical trends which seem to be repeating are not very inspiring so far.

We haven't won any sort of championship in either football or basketball in 20+ years. Wow.

Anyway, I'll be much more optimistic about the future of bball when I see us play with a consistent intensity and get better at the fundamental aspects of the game: passing, shot selection, defensive intensity, hustle, rebounding, free throw shooting, etc. We'll see. But this is year 4. He's got all his players. We should be seeing a measurable upward trend. Hopefully we will.

Haha I know. I graduated from State in 97 and endured the Les Robinson days. I was pretty optimistic about Herb. Glass ceiling. I was not optimistic about Lowe. Justified. I was neutral about Gottfried. But "extra-curricular activities" and historical trends are not very inspiring so far.

We haven't won any sort of championship in either football or basketball in 20+ years. Wow.

Anyway, I'll be much more optimistic about the future of bball when I see us play with a consistent intensity and get better at the fundamental aspects of the game: passing, shot selection, defensive intensity, hustle, rebounding, free throw shooting, etc. We'll see. But this is year 4. He's got all his players. We should be seeing a measurable upward trend. Hopefully we will.

I can't argue with any of that.  Biggest issue I see is lack of production from the post, so far they are a let down and haven't progressed as hoped.  Anyway, enough sports banter since it'll get complained about.  Looking forward to deep freeze tonight.

I can't argue with any of that. Biggest issue I see is lack of production from the post, so far they are a let down and haven't progressed as hoped. Anyway, enough sports banter since it'll get complained about. Looking forward to deep freeze tonight.

The wind is whipping tonight. I went out to take the netting on the trampoline done and all of my Christmas decorations were blown over. Yes, I still have them up. :)

any jan --> march analog maps available for those years?

05 did get a -AO in Feb but was up and down with temps during end of Jan into Feb too.   Overall it was an all out conus torch for the DJF timeframe.

07 was a big torch until mid/end of Jan and then it flipped to much colder pattern.  Only issue was it was dry as a bone.  

post-2311-0-37210800-1420685895_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-92607100-1420685895_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-95753600-1420685921_thumb.pn

Comparing 05 and 07 to this winter...05 and 07 were all out torches through mid-Jan, by mid-Jan for this winter we will be darn close to neutral in the east.  Below is for Dec 1 - Jan 5th, from Jan 5-15th it should erase all the above temp anomalies.

Those are good analogs hopefully for an eventual flip to a -AO...

post-2311-0-00688100-1420686306_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-61225100-1420686434_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-08712700-1420686439_thumb.pn

Archived