Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we canceled winter yet?  I'm left wondering if I will see any wintry weather this winter.  After a few weeks of jackpotting on rainfall with no cold in site, now we have our coldest days and nights so far coming up with no moisture in site.  So goes life in the SE.  Tick, Tick, Tick, time is going to start running out soon. :axe:

Major winter storm guaranteed now since I posted this :lmao:

/Brick Don't be so pessimistic, life must suck being negative all of the time /Brick

Winnie2011-disneyscreencaps.com-1702.jpg

It's day ten who cares??? Just last week day ten( next week) was showing a pattern breakdown . Well that keeps getting pushed back further and further. The chance of that playing out like that is like 5% given the history of the day 7-10 period over the last few weeks

f240.gif

That's why it's in Banter big daddy!

It's been I told you so all winter....  Maybe you will learn by the end of the season...  Probably not though.  You are stuck in fantasy land like a few other posters who seem to think things are roses and rainbows.  The pattern has sucked so far, nothing in the foreseeable future looks even remotely interesting.  We are still fooked through 1/15 at the earliest.....  Keep kicking that can Brick, kick it right into spring.....

We can only really cancel 1 week at a time imo, but every single time we go look at the pattern it sucks...  We can't be sure what Late Jan and beyond will deliver but you can't argue that the folks who have been saying things aren't where we need them were wrong.

I have a feeling if we make it though winter with no storms for your backyard you may suffer a mental breakdown.  Good luck, my advice would be to prep your butthole for the possibility of a goose egg winter because that is becoming a more and more reasonable possibility as the days tick by.  It really is a behavioral disorder being exhibited by a few posters.  A psychologist would probably have a field day with some of you guys....

It's been I told you so all winter....  Maybe you will learn by the end of the season...  Probably not though.  You are stuck in fantasy land like a few other posters who seem to think things are roses and rainbows.  The pattern has sucked so far, nothing in the foreseeable future looks even remotely interesting.  We are still fooked through 1/15 at the earliest.....  Keep kicking that can Brick, kick it right into spring.....

We can only really cancel 1 week at a time imo, but every single time we go look at the pattern it sucks...  We can't be sure what Late Jan and beyond will deliver but you can't argue that the folks who have been saying things aren't where we need them we wrong.

I have a feeling if we make it though winter with no storms for your backyard you may suffer a mental breakdown.  Good luck, my advice would be to prep your butthole for the possibility of a goose egg winter because that is becoming a more and more reasonable possibility as the days tick by.  It really is a behavioral disorder being exhibited by a few posters.  A psychologist would probably have a field day with some of you guys....

They could probably have a field day with someone that gets this upset on a weather board, too. You seem to making a much bigger deal about this than I care.

And you have been saying I told you so all winter, but you also said you were optimistic? Which one is it? 

I just don't see the reason to be so negative about something like the weather. Either it snows or it doesn't. How we feel won't change that, but it's better to be positive and hopeful about things than to sound like a miserable Debbie Downer all the time. 

They could probably have a field day with someone that gets this upset on a weather board, too. You seem to making a much bigger deal about this than I care.

And you have been saying I told you so all winter, but you also said you were optimistic? Which one is it? 

I just don't see the reason to be so negative about something like the weather. Either it snows or it doesn't. How we feel won't change that, but it's better to be positive and hopeful about things than to sound like a miserable Debbie Downer all the time. 

You're delusional, not optimistic.  I'm a realist not a debbie downer.  The day you recognize a bad pattern for what it is I'll stop thinking how I do about you.  The day I call a good pattern (hell even an ok pattern) as crap I'll be more than willing to agree to your description of a Debbie downer.

Enjoy your cold shot, I'll be enjoying mine.  No sense in going back and forth anymore.  I'm not trying to change the way you think but I do find my commentary about it entertaining.

LOL, CR.

This winter is sucking the life out of me. Maybe it would be better if we had a mega SE ridge with temperatures the 60s and 70s everyday and no end in sight so snow never crossed my mind. That's part of what made 2011-2012 tolerable.

That would be nice.  I could use some nice 60 to 70 degree days.

You're delusional, not optimistic.  I'm a realist not a debbie downer.  The day you recognize a bad pattern for what it is I'll stop thinking how I do about you.  The day I call a good pattern (hell even an ok pattern) as crap I'll be more than willing to agree to your description of a Debbie downer.

Enjoy your cold shot, I'll be enjoying mine.  No sense in going back and forth anymore.  I'm not trying to change the way you think but I do find my commentary about it entertaining.

The day you realize it's just the weather and no reason to be so serious and negative about it, I'll stop thinking you have issues.

You serious, Clark?

That's just something we tell ourselves as a coping mechanism to avoid melting down over getting continually screwed over. It's boot on face endlessly for eternity.

Starting to wish for that honestly....these "oh what ifs" and "maybe in 10 days", "SSWs", "Analogs" are driving me crazy.  This winter is the biggest YOINK!! in history

Doesn't bother me if it's a sucky winter, of course unless it's a weekend threat I'll miss it anyway. Plus I'm working up in the snow here in WV (just like Ohio last year) so I at least get a taste of seeing snow fall even though I won't get to fully enjoy a snow day. If it's cold and dry I can get some yard work done and build a shed without burning up, anything above 50 I'll play golf in (I've played in way colder weather during golf season in high school) and if it's sunny and gets up above 60 you'll find me on the lake or river on my boat or in the kayak. About the only thing that keeps me bored is rain. Unlike jshetley, I've had enough of unfrozen liquid for a month or so, I need a break from it.

You serious, Clark?

That's just something we tell ourselves as a coping mechanism to avoid melting down over getting continually screwed over. It's boot on face endlessly for eternity.

I think it is funny you said melting down when there will never be anything to actually melt down.

Archived