Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Anne Arundel County Government Facebook Page:

The NWS has issued a Winter Weather Advisory effective until 1000 tomorrow, Tuesday. An additional 1 to 3 inches of snow is expected through the night. Ambient temperatures will be in the lower 30s. Pavement temperatures will be around freezing overnight. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph becoming north tonight with gusts around 25 mph. Roads will become snow covered and slippery with visibilities near 1⁄4 mile at times. Travel will be dangerous Monday overnight and Tuesday morning.

Travel will be DANGEROUS! lol

You said it best -- if we're just forecasting based off Euro snow maps we might as well shut it down.

they aren't even really out of the game. That band will do some damage if/when it comes ashore. And to the euros benefit it piled up a lot late in NYC. But a 24-36" forecast should be high confidence. I assume someone looks at the GFS so it wasn't.

Can we take a brief moment to mention the #BlizzardMobile live on CNN right now? Don Lemon driving on mostly wet roads in NYC and talking about "slush".

Hoping NYC gets some good stuff over night, but it's not making for great TV right now.

GFS even worse up there than previous. We get more than Philly. This storm has beaten my expectations here by far. Looks so pretty outside too!

GFS even worse up there than previous. We get more than Philly. This storm has beaten my expectations here by far. Looks so pretty outside too!

I still hope that NYC reaches a foot of snow, otherwise the forecasters will be eviscerated. But, unless something changes in the next three hours, it looks like the worst bust is Philly---- 12-16" forecast this afternoon. 

For me, this storm is a reverse bust. Great day. For the folks in Philly/nyc, I know exactly how it feels from plenty of experience. Been there done that and it sucks bad.

I feel worse for those guys in south NJ that were expecting 12-16"and are seeing the moon. Been there.. I send a buddy that lives there a congrats about 2 hours ago :(

Archived