• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter Thread

H2O

I was the only one of us up there posting but that's because I'm here...nobody came in and said anything....honestly I think he came down to our forum and read the negative stuff.

I tried to stay positive up here...I wasn't getting paid attention to so much which is understandable but the focus was too much on reaching 24" vs. just enjoying howling winds and decent snowfall...eh...off to work now...appointments still on

Glad you are OK. Carry on.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro love. This storm had huge bust potential. Been talked about for days even in our own forum. It's hard to see it when you're in the cross hairs. If my forecast was for 2-3 ft, I'd probably ignore every sign that it might bust. That said, I'm surprised that more mets didn't raise flags about this. Some of the better ones did, but many just pointed to the Euro as their forecast.

Ugly day for people pushing 24+ forecasts.

I wasn't here for that one - but that one doesn't usually get counted as one of the really good ones for Balt/DC I didn't think. But, if so, then I defer to you on that.

It was a nice hit... over a foot of snow from northern VA to Boston, including 13" at BWI. Saved what would've otherwise been a horrendous winter

Euro love. This storm had huge bust potential. Been talked about for days even in our own forum. It's hard to see it when you're in the cross hairs. If my forecast was for 2-3 ft, I'd probably ignore every sign that it might bust. That said, I'm surprised that more mets didn't raise flags about this. Some of the better ones did, but many just pointed to the Euro as their forecast.

Lesson learned here. So if you have some crazy arsed notion that you are getting 24 inches, think twice. Irresponsible to ride one model at the expense of others. Bitter day for NYC.

I feel for NYC, but honestly only care about the DMV.  So that said, I'm pretty happy that we didn't 100% whiff.  I only got maybe 1.2 total, but others got much luckier in those bands last night.  Glad they made out!  I know somewhere in the near term though we'll all get some real love from the snow gods.  Hoping the Super Bowl Sunday Stunner pans out.   ;)

I was the only one of us up there posting but that's because I'm here...nobody came in and said anything....honestly I think he came down to our forum and read the negative stuff.

I tried to stay positive up here...I wasn't getting paid attention to so much which is understandable but the focus was too much on reaching 24" vs. just enjoying howling winds and decent snowfall...eh...off to work now...appointments still on

No i dont mind the negative stuff too much if you keep it in your own forum. I mean dont get me wrong, if you legitimately get pleasure out of seeing someone else not get snow, you probably have bigger issues. But there were posts being made, especially the other night and last night, in the nyc forum, that were being deleted quickly. After reading some of the comments in here the last few days (i read in here a lot because i consider a few people in here legitimate friends, plus your mets and skilled "amateurs" (matt, ian, etc) are incredible resources) about "jerks from nyc gonna come in here to post pics to troll us"...it seemed in really bad taste to have to deal with that bs in our forum.

maybe i got it wrong...i thought you wrote that you had done a forecast for cwg but then said something along the lines of you not recognizing anything that made it into the article for monday and tuesday...i could be misremembering...if so, my bad, sorry...

Oh, I thought you meant for NYC.  Yeah, the forecast data itself hadn't changed so much as it was just completely re-worded for some reason. 

No i dont mind the negative stuff too much if you keep it in your own forum. I mean dont get me wrong, if you legitimately get pleasure out of seeing someone else not get snow, you probably have bigger issues. But there were posts being made, especially the other night and last night, in the nyc forum, that were being deleted quickly. After reading some of the comments in here the last few days (i read in here a lot because i consider a few people in here legitimate friends, plus your mets and skilled "amateurs" (matt, ian, etc) are incredible resources) about "jerks from nyc gonna come in here to post pics to troll us"...it seemed in really bad taste to have to deal with that bs in our forum.

it is bad taste. sorry you had to deal with that. 

I find that hard to believe. Not regular contributors to the forum? Anyway. It was ugly yesterday. But you did get some significant snow. We are always on the edge here - in more ways than one when it comes to snow. Wash, rinse, repeat every winter.

are you saying that Chris is lying about deleting posts? 

Wanting to see NYC fail is just like wanting to see your sports rival fail.

You look it as a sporting event. I am just sad when I see other folks getting way more snow than I can possibly eke out this winter. I can be jealous, yes. But I can't wish them ill. There is nothing more cool than to see NYC in a blanket of snow.

Archived