amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 9-10 threat

stormtracker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US 201 cuts right through the center of the heavy snow map. Not much as far as population though. Maybe Jackman or Moscow/Bingham area you could find a place to stay. Course you could always just go to Sugarloaf, I'm sure they will get pounded.

North Conway, NH.  White Mountains.  Looks to get blasted

Seeing a mix Wednesday with a possible change to snow on Thursday? I know better than to fully trust TWC, but what are they seeing? Crashing 850's?

There could be some snow showers wrapping around on Wed night, but any accumulating snow should be well NE of our area. Thursday should be dry..and partly sunny. Dont ask what TWC is seeing lol.

Wrt, EURO, Well I started counting consecutive 3-hr periods with measurable precipitation (39?) at BWI and had to scroll to the next page.  Measurable precipitation for every three-hour period from very early Tuesday morning until early Saturday evening.  EURO is now forecasting moderate/heavy rain and low 40s from Tuesday morning until noon on Wednesday.  Followed by intermittent drizzle/light rain through the remainder of Wednesday and into Thursday with temperatures falling thru the upper 30s. Light rain or snow on Thursday with temperatures in mid 30's. Light rain on Friday with temperatures in upper 30s.  Light rain on Saturday with temperatures near 40. 

Lately, you can always bet on "wet".

This could be an interesting test of that theory, which I would agree with as of now. Though I always cringe at adding in a lot of backside precip to my totals. Thank god its not a snowstorm. :yikes:

This could be an interesting test of that theory, which I would agree with as of now. Though I always cringe at adding in a lot of backside precip to my totals. Thank god its not a snowstorm. :yikes:

Good point.  GFS has consistently been much drier, but it's been having a rough 4-6 weeks, so I'd go with NAM/Euro precip until proven wrong. 

Archived