EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Dec 9-10 threat

stormtracker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS is probably the best outcome we could hope for. Hour 72 light precip in the area, 850s -2C, sfc mid 30s. WxBell snow maps show 1-2" of snow for the area (really not that unreasonable).

No way that's 1-2" of snow but wxbell cares not about the sfc. 

12z GFS is probably the best outcome we could hope for. Hour 72 light precip in the area, 850s -2C, sfc mid 30s. WxBell snow maps show 1-2" of snow for the area (really not that unreasonable).

At 72hrs, DCA's temps at 950mb is 3.6 and at 66hrs around 2.2 or around 36 degrees but the entire sounding is abvoe freezing in the lowest 5000ft at 66hrs.  Neither argues for snow. 

:weenie: :weenie:

Was kinda forced to watch that clown last night at the parents. He was talking up snow but of course no details at this time. Does anyone really watch local TV mets anymore? I find it unbearable(same with sports). Anyway looking forward to another "practice" east coast (rain)storm.

Thanks.

Good Grief, so what if it's just rain...what else have we got to do/track? It's weather. We're on a weather board. This thread won't cause anybody to miss a snowstorm. And it's not yet rain for everybody yet.

If you don't like it, don't read/open it.

May have been more interesting if a regular started it.

:lol:

Is it just me, or is the Euro on a planet by itself with this one?

They're all on the same general page. All seem to be going for a noreaster but one that is too warm fro snow because of the low moving into the great lakes and high moving off the coast prior the storm really deepening off the coast. 

Don't know why people were giving randy grief over the thread. If you are that worried about the topic of a thread maybe you need another hobby. I think its good to see so many storms with a good overall track. Fits climo for a niño. If or when we get a colder pattern I think we cash in this year.

Agree. And I think people get that. Some just have zero interest in tracking a storm unless its a potential snow producer for their back yard.

Euro forecast is basically unchanged.  It now shows 18 consecutive 3-hr periods with measurable precipitation at BWI.  Rain could begin early Tuesday morning with temperatures in the low 40s for the bulk of the heavier rain.  Intermittent drizzle/light rain through much of Tuesday.  Could mix with  or change to snow on Wednesday with temperatures falling to mid/upper 30s. Should end by early Thursday. 

Archived