Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude    you are  a serious IDIOT
  As other people have said   DM  went with the  GFS  (as always) with the  NOV  25   event  and  got burned ...

The euro    as is almost   always  the case....  saw that  east coast  winter storm 6 days out and  nailed it and so did I .

I saw. He hugged the original prognostication of the GFS. But he also made it clear that his forecast was no snow. Even as the GFS started shifting, he said no snow. Maybe he's right for the wrong reason, but he went head-to-head with DT over the T-Day storm and won that battle. He's right about the pattern. This is not a snow pattern. The gates could open and flood the US with arctic air and a storm could spin up from the Gulf -- it still would find a way to rain in this craptastic pattern.

dude you are a serious IDIOT

As other people have said DM went with the GFS (as always) with the NOV 25 event and got burned ...

The euro as is almost always the case.... saw that east coast winter storm 6 days out and nailed it and so did I .

I have to concur.

Opportunities a plenty in the LR, early February looks like a really nice target period and even a few days before that there's a potential system.

I see hints of a -NAO from the gfs LR. Even if we lack that this EPO regime is awesome. Take last years EPO, a +PNA, and add an active subtropical jet and kaboom. Starting to weenie out over here.

Can we please go one freaking storm without butthurt posters having an Internet arguement that pertains to nothing in a storm thread?? We were doing so good for a while and all of a sudden during the most important euro run of the year we gotta start calling people out and clog the thread, Fu***** rediculas

You're right it should be in banter...unless you're DT in that case clog that storm thread with insults and threats

You're right it should be in banter...unless you're DT in that case clog that storm thread with insults and threats

I agree 100% so he should be warned but that's up to the mods not us to continue contributing to his banter, it turns readers away especially from performing PBP during a model lol, I agree with you both tho fyi

In reading the WPC discussion, I get the sense they really want to see the other models move into an agreement/consensus on the evolution.  Euro is a bit extreme on what it's suggesting and you can't bite on one model if you are them.

I can't blame them for being cautious at this point.

But the Euro deserves some respect/benefit of the doubt until it loses.

In reading the WPC discussion, I get the sense they really want to see the other models move into an agreement/consensus on the evolution. Euro is a bit extreme on what it's suggesting and you can't bite on one model if you are them.

I can't blame them for being cautious at this point.

But the Euro deserves some respect/benefit of the doubt until it loses.

They walk an unfair fine line. Bust high on a storm, "they unnecessarily incited panic." Bust low on a storm, "they didn't warn the public enough."

They walk an unfair fine line. Bust high on a storm, "they unnecessarily incited panic." Bust low on a storm, "they didn't warn the public enough."

Thats is exactly why I've always said public info mets need to warn of the possibilities not basing there forecasts as if "blank" is a guarantee like they do... They talk with such confidence like they know 100% instead of informing the public in ways such as this forum does

Thats is exactly why I've always said public info mets need to warn of the possibilities not basing there forecasts as if "blank" is a guarantee like they do... They talk with such confidence like they know 100% instead of informing the public in ways such as this forum does

I agree and disagree. While ideally, there are better ways to approach each individual storm and situation, I believe that this forum is a terrific example of what would happen if everything truly was reported to the public. If they had warned the public of every situation that this forum knows is a potential storm, there would be panic (because we want everything to be a major snowstorm lol).....Many things that we consider "missed chances" just go by as another day that people go to work and live their lives. That being said, if they did warn the public of the possibilities of each individual occurrence, that also would get blown out of proportion...."chance of a significant winter storm next week"....would turn to "big snowstorm possible", to "huge storm next week", etc etc.....By word of mouth, social media, news, etc....It is a tough job that they have and I agree with much of what they say and how they say it to the public. However, they do make mistakes, sometimes big ones, as with the icing situation recently.

I agree and disagree. While ideally, there are better ways to approach each individual storm and situation, I believe that this forum is a terrific example of what would happen if everything truly was reported to the public. If they had warned the public of every situation that this forum knows is a potential storm, there would be panic (because we want everything to be a major snowstorm lol).....Many things that we consider "missed chances" just go by as another day that people go to work and live their lives. That being said, if they did warn the public of the possibilities of each individual occurrence, that also would get blown out of proportion...."chance of a significant winter storm next week"....would turn to "big snowstorm possible", to "huge storm next week", etc etc.....By word of mouth, social media, news, etc....It is a tough job that they have and I agree with much of what they say and how they say it to the public. However, they do make mistakes, sometimes big ones, as with the icing situation recently.

I agree, no matter what it's catch 22, if you inform

The public on every model run it will incite panic if there is major storm potential and vise versa

Archived