joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if the debating can't be done in a lighthearted way, then it probably shouldn't happen I guess. When forecasting leads to arguments and "I'm better than you are, because", then it's just not fun anymore. We all should have respect for one another. It's a bad winter so far, yes.....but we can't let our frustrations get the best of us. I'm sure if the arguments were over 10" and 20" and we were getting snow, they wouldn't be as heated

It's not only this forum :axe:

I think it's just frustration. Saturday's storm is not behaving itself and it's making people cranky. I think the other issue is that people went overboard with the hyperbole on Tuesday and expectations were raised to an unsustainable frenzy. The let down, for some, has been painful.

I think it's just frustration. Saturday's storm is not behaving itself and it's making people cranky. I think the other issue is that people went overboard with the hyperbole on Tuesday and expectations were raised to an unsustainable frenzy. The let down, for some, has been painful.

That's why it's called meteorology, not modelology. The pattern argued for some kind of a storm near the coast, but a progressive storm much more likely to be moderate than major. We've had many storms in the past that blew up on models only to come back down to earth. People need to pay much more attention to the overall pattern and teleconnections than a big L near 40/70 and expecting that means a huge snowstorm. The AO and NAO argue strongly against a major storm for NYC.

I have no sympathy for those individuals that thought 5 days out a MECS was gonna be a lock... Those that live run by run 5 days out will almost always be aboard a roller coaster of weather ups and downs. Watch the models but take them in stride

Relax people and let the science and art of meteorology play itself out this weekend.i'm 100% sure it will snow this week,plus some for most people in the the metro-plexes of i-95.just my prelim thoughts.one more thing all the models have seem to gone out for lunch recently so nothing is set in stone yet. :sled:

Archived