the truth is

amateurs put all their hope in OP runs that give them the most snow

and the contempt is hilarious

HPC  Upton  Mt Holly 

never bit that hard

on this system

the GEFS Spag model is MONEY

dm

But they did bite on the clipper-that-never-was, so what the NWS does or doesn't bite on three days out isn't necessarily indicative of anything.

the truth is

amateurs put all their hope in OP runs that give them the most snow

and the contempt is hilarious

HPC Upton Mt Holly

never bit that hard

on this system

the GEFS Spag model is MONEY

dm

Ikr. Why go with the Euro ensembles when you have the gfs package?....oh wait

Keep 'em in their sockets...with just 20 inches or so of snow coming to the Park this winter (per my spot on forecast)...the next 4 months of banter on this board is going to reach new heights in lol worthiness. 

Here's Joe Cioffi on Sat's "event":

So far all the major models have trended east. The problem is the vortex in Eastern Canada which is suppressing the storm further east. While this is colder it also cuts precip back

We will wait for the European. If it does the same idea then things will be scaled back in the forecasts

The atmosphere can only support so much with big features dominating the flow.

If anything is a lock is that the cold will be here to stay. After this weekend highs will struggle to get out of the 30's and lows will frequently be in the lower teens or colder if there's snow cover. I refuse to believe we don't receive more snow this month given the -4 or lower temperature departures, the well above normal precip for the month, and under 4" of snow to date. Stats suggest we should add at least another 10" of snowfall this month. 

:axe: OUCH... From the  EURO....my early call 3-6 inches for NYC may have to be lowered to 2-4 inches...or less...

BUT...AT LEAST there seems to be "potential events" in the future so... I hold to my previous statements...I still say NYC ends up with a 20+ winter when all is said and done..

HECK. .trends can reverse again tomm.. doubtful...but ya never know..

MAYBE was a BAD RUN...due to "BAD data" didn't initialize properly ..lol

:axe: OUCH... From the  EURO....my early call 3-6 inches for NYC may have to be lowered to 2-4 inches...or less...

BUT...AT LEAST there seems to be "potential events" in the future so... I hold to my previous statements...I still say NYC ends up with a 20+ winter when all is said and done..

HECK. .trends can reverse again tomm.. doubtful...but ya never know..

MAYBE was a BAD RUN...due to "BAD data" didn't initialize properly ..lol

No, I don't think it's a bad run. That might sense for one model, but all of them have changed their tune tonight -- except the GFS. Plus, the models have had the chance to sample the energy better tonight now that part of the storm is no longer hypothetical and has formed over Texas. I believe that as we move closer to Saturday, the storm gets further downgraded.

No, I don't think it's a bad run. That might sense for one model, but all of them have changed their tune tonight -- except the GFS. Plus, the models have had the chance to sample the energy better tonight now that part of the storm is no longer hypothetical and has formed over Texas. I believe that as we move closer to Saturday, the storm gets further downgraded.

I think its more or less a certainty that there will be a period of accumulating snow on Saturday...probably with the heavier amounts out over Long Island and SNE...will see how it goes...but these run to run model variations are nothing out of the ordinary...it would be strange if they did not occur. 

I think its more or less a certainty that there will be a period of accumulating snow on Saturday...probably with the heavier amounts out over Long Island and SNE...will see how it goes...but these run to run model variations are nothing out of the ordinary...it would be strange if they did not occur.

I cede to you on this.

Agreed Pamela ..models do waffle ..no one model should be considered final solution.. At least there is something to track ..

I'd put the chances at about 95% there will be some snow on Saturday...this is not November or late March...but rather very close to the best time of the year climatologically for snow...late January through the middle of February...TWT if it is just a small or moderate event or a more memorable one. 

Archived