joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30th anniversary of the great cold wave of January 21, 1985. That was the last daily high temperature 

below 10 degrees in NYC. We came very close on 1/19/94.

1/21

9 in 1985

19 in 1984

19 in 1970

1/19

10 in 1994

14 in 1904

16 in 1971

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/comment.html?entrynum=235

In what was the most intense cold wave to invade the Southeast of the U.S. since the great arctic outbreak of February 1899 temperatures on January 21, 1985 fell below zero as far south as southern Alabama and Georgia. All-time cold records were set at many significant sites from Chicago to Charleston, South Carolina. Here is a selection of some of the sites, with long historical periods of record, where all-time cold records were set:

Just watched 11 pm news..ch 2 4 7..pretty much same idea ..1-3 for city and 3-6 north of I87..they playing it safe ..time Will tell

Well...if they said it...it must be true!

Well...if they said it...it must be true!

I fairness...I have not watched a local tv weather report since the 1990's...I don't think I've even watched a local news broadcast since then...so I may be a bit out of step with these new "personalities" now promulgating the state of the world. 

I fairness...I have not watched a local tv weather report since the 1990's...I don't think I've even watched a local news broadcast since then...so I may be a bit out of step with these new "personalities" now promulgating the state of the world. 

Where then do you get your weather and news information?  Are you a radio fan or a fan of printed material?

Where then do you get your weather and news information?  Are you a radio fan or a fan of printed material?

Internet, MSNBC, Fox, CNN. 

In fairness I disconnected my Dish Network about a year ago and have not watched television since.  TV is very close to becoming anachronistic; I watch everything on the computer now. 

Wow...so this is what happens when the moderators give up on our sub-forum. All the bickering is unbearable to sift through and I don't have the patience anymore. Y'all have a great and snowy night.

hrrr_ncep_refl_KALB_61.png

And there goes one of our better posters for the night. Congrats. #Amex #nycsubforum

Archived