joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the major storm.  From what I can see this has the potential to rival our biggest winter storm ever, the Halloween storm of 1991.  Those of us who lived through it remember it with both fondness and horror.  The difference is the internet and having weather models available so that you can prepare.  By the way it dropped around 28" here at MSP and 36" at Duluth.  I would encourage you to save the weather maps and to keep a journal with plenty of pics as memories do wane over time.

For those of you who have not tried it yet, you may want to sign up for the free trail over at EuroWX. I would never advise one to make a forecast without QPF and forecast soundings.  However the snowfall maps he produces is based on the Kuchera method that he has modified.  It is not a 10 to 1 ratio that most have seen from other sites.  But please don't post the maps.

Been a long time. ..since I hear BECS snow storm possible ..march 2011 ..still has bitter taste in my mouth ..I was not on weather boards ..that year due to family ..emergency ..if I was would of been worse.. I have a feeling ..even if euro ..crzy numbers do not ..materialize..still a very powerful storm.

If I was a media ..met..I would post a snow map ..from the euro ..( not until after 1 pm tommm..and I would say this is what one computer model is projecting ...I would also preface by saying ..yes things can change ..but this is where we stand ..right now ...soo when do WSW go up ..I say by 12z Nam or gfs ..if euro . goes bonkers tomm afternoon.. Blizzard watches ..mayor ..news conferences.. Tomm .supermarket.. Mad House ..one step ..at a time let's see what tomm models show ..but for now good morning ..NYC.

I will be working my 10 hour shift tomorrow. I will probably have no time to look at much of anything. This makes me sad though I know this board is going to be inundated with posts. Hopefully we go into storm mode or get some temp mods. Shout out to Superstorm93. Great job with the pbp.

I will be working my 10 hour shift tomorrow. I will probably have no time to look at much of anything. This makes me sad though I know this board is going to be inundated with posts. Hopefully we go into storm mode or get some temp mods. Shout out to Superstorm93. Great job with the pbp.

Appreciate it. We have some ninja mods who should be able to handle the impending insanity tomorrow.

Should be a fun day tomorrow so hopefully you can get in on the action at some point.

Soo...it begins ...lol...now that winter storm watches up..some blizzard watches ..I gotta run to supermarket.. Later ..it will be madhouse ...I'm sure mayor will have storm briefing by this evening.. If they still talking about ...over 15 inches of snow ..Nyc ..

You're crazy. I'm going to the liquor store. 

wheres doorman with his call for a dusting??

I've lurked for years on this board and I've never really gotten the bravado about forecasting here. Most posters are modelogists, not meteorologists. That's not a bad thing. We all have an interest in weather more than most. However, to make the jump to douche forecaster and call a storm 6 days out is ludicrous. 

This is a hobby for most of the posters in AMX. To make it into a competition of who can have the most, "I told you so's," in a year is dumb. Hopefully this storm (should it pan out) can be lesson to the Doormans of the world to leave that type of posting behind. 

Hey guys...I have meetings scheduled next week in Queens...I am driving up Monday morning and already have a hotel...I know if I come I'm probably stuck for a couple of days right? How good is snow removal out by LaGuardia and any thoughts on what time I should leave to drive up Monday? Good luck with the storm...looks like a monster!

Hey guys...I have meetings scheduled next week in Queens...I am driving up Monday morning and already have a hotel...I know if I come I'm probably stuck for a couple of days right? How good is snow removal out by LaGuardia and any thoughts on what time I should leave to drive up Monday? Good luck with the storm...looks like a monster!

idk about snow removal but leaving anytime after 12 noon considering ur all the way down in virginia would be a mistake because the roads would start getting bad as ur driving up...leave as early as possible imo

idk about snow removal but leaving anytime after 12 noon considering ur all the way down in virginia would be a mistake because the roads would start getting bad as ur driving up...leave as early as possible imo

I was thinking about 5am so I would get there around 10... Depends on roads down here I guess...blah...thanks!!!

Archived