joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have actual anxiety over this storm right now. I can't recall a time that a weather event had a physical impact on my health

(Except for that one time in Wyoming with the baseball sized hail...or the heat stroke in Cancun) 

i had to take a xanax about an hour ago, i have problems 

I have actual anxiety over this storm right now. I can't recall a time that a weather event had a physical impact on my health

(Except for that one time in Wyoming with the baseball sized hail...or the heat stroke in Cancun) 

As soon as I saw the Euro map, tranquility and happiness took over and I am living in the moment, glad to share these moments with other weenies :snowing:

As soon as I saw the Euro map, tranquility and happiness took over and I am living in the moment, glad to share these moments with other weenies :snowing:

Haha the whole thing is actual pretty funny and entertaining. I felt the same way when I saw it still have most of us 20"+, but then moments later I started thinking to myself that I'm sure this will shift east at 12z again as the other models shift west a bit and form a consensus of the real major hit over central/eastern LI and SNE :P

ukie east as well...aanyone that thinks the euro is holding is borderline delusional...srry

This one's seriously done.....as far as being an epic storm goes. I've moved on and must say I've accepted this one easier than other blown forecasts.....I think because I never really saw this one happening at all like the euro showed

yea what a shame though...the euros credability is absolutely tossed at this point...it has shown so many extreme solutions far out that have dissappeared and had a mecs/hecs for us inside 100 hours for saturday and a hecs inside 48 hours this time...awful awful model

Writing is on the wall -- nice snowstorm but not historic.  I was really hoping the UKIE would hold serve and it sounds like it slashed QPF in half.  Nemo was nice because it looked like we wouldn't get much and ended up with 14".  I think most were OK the CT got destroyed.

Psychologically this is a huge loss for 2 reasons if we don't get the widespread 20-30".  1) Euro caught on first and had 3 runs in a row of 24-30"+ into NYC Metro in the 48 hrs prior to the start of the flakes falling.  This would be a major fail for that model.  2)  NWS hoists blizzard warnings and forecasts the highest amounts likely ever in the NYC Metro area 24 hrs before a storm.  If they don't come close to verifying that is gonna really hurt their credibility.  I feel like people were not as prepared for Sandy as they should have been due to the Irene hypefest/fail 1 year prior.  

Hope that the Euro/NWS prevail but it isn't looking good based on trends.  

i just find it ludicrous that after 3 runs of JP nyc and giving this whole sub forum like 18+ 48 hours out...the euro is just gunna fold like a deck of cards almost approaching unbelievable status in my mind

Huge -- and has solid reasoning behind the fold (50/50 low much weaker than expected).  I've made it this far so I'm gonna stay up for the Euro but looks like we can say bye bye historic storm for NYC proper.  As almost always with Miller Bs, congrats SNE.

:whistle::axe::bag::facepalm:

Archived