• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

Is it just me, or are there cancel posts before every storm? EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Everyone just needs to be patient and let the storm play out.

It's not just you. Though I think with the dynamics at play with such a powerful storm, most people here know the gradient of precip will be very tight & if you don't get into the deform bands, it's subsidence. So the stakes are high.

With that being said, I think the radar is looking promising, and the banding should continue to progress west. I especially like the returns that started showing up over Bergen/Passaic counties in the last 45 minutes. It's blooming fast.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is still a big snowstorm for NYC and LI! The NAM busting busting is not to say that no snow is coming for our areas. We can see it clearly is with bands of snow rolling in. Should see 6-12" accumulations from jersey east to western LI (lower numbers jersey, higher LI). As long as we move forward without the thinking "maybe we will really get 30 inches after all".....we have a significant storm upon us.

Is it just me, or are there cancel posts before every storm? EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Everyone just needs to be patient and let the storm play out.

No, it isn't just you. This storm has been an emotional roller coaster. Some of us have also seen things fall apart before.

This is still a big snowstorm for NYC and LI! The NAM busting busting is not to say that no snow is coming for our areas. We can see it clearly is with bands of snow rolling in. Should see 6-12" accumulations from jersey east to western LI (lower numbers jersey, higher LI). As long as we move forward without the thinking "maybe we will really get 30 inches after all".....we have a significant storm upon us.

No doubt, this is still a historic event for millions of people.  But I'm in Hunterdon County and that Mount Holly snow map, I can't fathom how it could be anything less than a big disappointment.  Oh well, that's weather :)

Things may still be looking good for your area. Most of LI seems to be in the game.

Ok you have a point, Jersey was always vulnerable to get shafted being on the edge with this storm. And many mets have stated a sharp western cutoff of the precip field. I hope it's a "delayed not denied deal" for you and you get your 20".

Also, the forecast for the heavy stuff (2-4 inches per hr deal) was scheduled to commence at midnight. It's only 9:30pm. Are we really behind schedule?

-Jason

Ok you have a point, Jersey was always vulnerable to get shafted being on the edge with this storm. And many mets have stated a sharp western cutoff of the precip field. I hope it's a "delayed not denied deal" for you and you get your 20".

Also, the forecast for the heavy stuff (2-4 inches per hr deal) was scheduled to commence at midnight. It's only 9:30pm. Are we really behind schedule?

-Jason

Well I am seeing a lot of wind that's for sure. Some of you seem mighty confident, but then again, you're not in Jersey. It's my fellow jerseyites that seem the most skittish. That and I could not get my generator working. And my car window got stuck in the open position this morning while rushing to work. Put me in a foul mood for the day.

Well I am seeing a lot of wind that's for sure. Some of you seem mighty confident, but then again, you're not in Jersey. It's my fellow jerseyites that seem the most skittish. That and I could not get my generator working. And my car window got stuck in the open position this morning while rushing to work. Put me in a foul mood for the day.

Sorry about your generator and your car window.

What timing you have. I should have you pick my lottery numbers. , lol.

1)If you're not on the coast you shouldn't need a generator for this one.

2)Get plastic to cover your window.

3) enjoy the snow!

-Jason

Guys what about the nowcast posts from LC saying it's a lock for NYC and LI and Forky said it's slower than progged indicative of a quicker capture. Not to mention Roger Smith threw out numbers of 20-40. Perhaps I missed a few paged of posts. But if I was already observed that it's further west and stalling sooner, how can we miss? Knowledgable posters please advise.

Thanks,

-Jason

PS: where is Mike Hobbyist? We need to counteract the negative nervous nellies, lol

Cioffi is getting ready to throw in the towel on NJ according to the other thread.

Ok folks... Who needs a laugh after the turn of events this evening? NJ/NW NYS people... I'm looking at you. Not ashamed to say that I dabble in the online dating world on occasion. I gotta say, when I got this e-mail, I didn't know what to think, The interwebz outdoes itself sometimes (This is actually "loosely" storm related, btw) - Sorry if it comes up out of order, you get the idea...

Cheers.

post-2560-0-72042200-1422340013_thumb.pn

post-2560-0-44356400-1422340021_thumb.pn

post-2560-0-53442200-1422340174_thumb.pn

post-2560-0-41039000-1422340181_thumb.pn

Still some blowing snow with reduced visibility

Again, I would like to see someone in NJ get more than six inches from this. 

nerad25.jpg

Light snow continues out at KMMU. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to the postmortem at this point. With any luck, we can get yourself & some of the more knowledgeable members on this board to break down what happened. I'd imagine that there are many lessons to be learned.

Archived