• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

Im getting the feeling some of you are attempting reverse psychology on a computer model.....

yea what a shame though...the euros credability is absolutely tossed at this point...it has shown so many extreme solutions far out that have dissappeared and had a mecs/hecs for us inside 100 hours for saturday and a hecs inside 48 hours this time...awful awful model

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Writing is on the wall -- nice snowstorm but not historic.  I was really hoping the UKIE would hold serve and it sounds like it slashed QPF in half.  Nemo was nice because it looked like we wouldn't get much and ended up with 14".  I think most were OK the CT got destroyed.

Psychologically this is a huge loss for 2 reasons if we don't get the widespread 20-30".  1) Euro caught on first and had 3 runs in a row of 24-30"+ into NYC Metro in the 48 hrs prior to the start of the flakes falling.  This would be a major fail for that model.  2)  NWS hoists blizzard warnings and forecasts the highest amounts likely ever in the NYC Metro area 24 hrs before a storm.  If they don't come close to verifying that is gonna really hurt their credibility.  I feel like people were not as prepared for Sandy as they should have been due to the Irene hypefest/fail 1 year prior.  

Hope that the Euro/NWS prevail but it isn't looking good based on trends.  

Writing is on the wall -- nice snowstorm but not historic. I was really hoping the UKIE would hold serve and it sounds like it slashed QPF in half. Nemo was nice because it looked like we wouldn't get much and ended up with 14". I think most were OK the CT got destroyed.

Psychologically this is a huge loss for 2 reasons if we don't get the widespread 20-30". 1) Euro caught on first and had 3 runs in a row of 24-30"+ into NYC Metro in the 48 hrs prior to the start of the flakes falling. This would be a major fail for that model. 2) NWS hoists blizzard warnings and forecasts the highest amounts likely ever in the NYC Metro area 24 hrs before a storm. If they don't come close to verifying that is gonna really hurt their credibility. I feel like people were not as prepared for Sandy as they should have been due to the Irene hypefest/fail 1 year prior.

Hope that the Euro/NWS prevail but it isn't looking good based on trends.

Very good points, especially in regards to the credibility. They do a great job, however, 12-20" could have been forecasted and people's jaws would drop, and make the necessary preparations. Putting such a huge area in the 24-36" is really just ludicrous

I just wish the NWS hadn't jumped the gun. I didn't see those totals as possible given the fact that the models didn't agree, really at all, with the Euro. But I thought, maybe the NWS saw something we didn't and I kind of bought into it. And people have been talking about this. If/when they wake up and find the snow totals have been slashed to 6-10, it ain't gonna be pretty.

I just wish the NWS hadn't jumped the gun. I didn't see those totals as possible given the fact that the models didn't agree, really at all, with the Euro. But I thought, maybe the NWS saw something we didn't and I kind of bought into it. And people have been talking about this. If/when they wake up and find the snow totals have been slashed to 6-10, it ain't gonna be pretty.

...I agree..TV mets will try and save face.. Try and say ...well still major impact ..event ..etc etc blah blah blah... NWS should issue apology to all lol...made the mayor look like a jack ass lol..

DT has officially folded.  Game over.

Huge -- and has solid reasoning behind the fold (50/50 low much weaker than expected).  I've made it this far so I'm gonna stay up for the Euro but looks like we can say bye bye historic storm for NYC proper.  As almost always with Miller Bs, congrats SNE.

Damn. I can't remember the least time i was so stressed out over a storm less than 24 hours away. But hey this is what makes this hobby so much fun.

Please move on to skydiving or some other extreme sport because you obviously have a stronger threshold of stress. After this I'm gonna need some therapy. If that makes me a weenie so be it. Gonna drink a few beers now.

Archived