12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tuesday night mixed bag

Ginx snewx

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icy commute this morning. I had a gut feeling when I went to bed last night that the temps on the coast would be below freezing the next morning. Good thing I set my alarm for an earlier time than usual.

0.75" of snow/sleet with a hard crust of ice. Did not sort out and measure the ice accumulation. I was more worried about staying on my feet. Numerous accidents seen on my commute to South Portland.

25.7°F

Icy commute this morning. I had a gut feeling when I went to bed last night that the temps on the coast would be below freezing the next morning. Good thing I set my alarm for an earlier time than usual.

0.75" of snow/sleet with a hard crust of ice. Did not sort out and measure the ice accumulation. I was more worried about staying on my feet. Numerous accidents seen on my commute to South Portland.

25.7°F

I95 was ok for my commute from gray to PWM. Raymond's back roads were crap, which is to be expected.

I95 was ok for my commute from gray to PWM. Raymond's back roads were crap, which is to be expected.

I left home at 4:45 am and arrived in South Portland at 6:30 am. Up the peninsula, Route 1, I-295. Normal 1 hour commute turned into 1 and 3/4 hour commute. Route 1 was a mess, I-295 right lane was okay but passing lane was somewhat treacherous. Those arriving to work at this time stating that interstates are now fine.

26.6°F

Had 3.3" new at 7 AM with IP just changing to ZR, temp low 20s.  Commute was icy but not awful, other than timid drivers and a bit of spin on the steepest part of Mile Hill, but my newly acquired 2011 Ranger 2WD needs sno treads - the "all-season" tires won't cut it when it's really slippery.  Don't know when things began (other than, after 10 PM) but at 2:30 AM there was +SN, decent dendrites, 1" new.  By 5 it was extra tiny flakes (probably rimey) and still upper teens.

Archived