joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday night mixed bag

Ginx snewx

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV has 2-3" here...the cold front behind the system looks interesting for some upslope squalls as that moves through.  Probably some rain changing to snow in the valleys but looks like the mountains could pick up another quick 1-2" on the backside to nickle and dime the storm totals up.  One of those where you get a storm total of 3-5" but only have a gain of 2" on the ground when its done, haha.

We add, Congrats Dendrite, Starting tomorrow, Those last 2 NH counties will get shaded on these maps going forward............. :snowing:

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

The 3-4" area has shrunk from what I saw a couple hours ago.  It's also odd to see that disjunct patch of 3-4" between the Belgrade and Cobbossee lakes areas - makes no sense to me why they would get more than the Kennebec Highlands and Sandy River area.  Of course, we're talking about a one-inch difference in forecast amount, so precise pixel locations don't mean a whole lot.

The 3-4" area has shrunk from what I saw a couple hours ago.  It's also odd to see that disjunct patch of 3-4" between the Belgrade and Cobbossee lakes areas - makes no sense to me why they would get more than the Kennebec Highlands and Sandy River area.  Of course, we're talking about a one-inch difference in forecast amount, so precise pixel locations don't mean a whole lot.

We may see 2" and remain in the 2-3" where that area may see 3" and got bumped up 1 level

Yeah I don't understand that cut. If they wanted to shift the whole thing north a bit due to a slight continued north trend on modeling today, that would make sense, but cutting totals across the board I don't really see support from from the guidance, if anything, 12z suite so far has trended a little wetter. 

Yeah I don't understand that cut. If they wanted to shift the whole thing north a bit due to a slight continued north trend on modeling today, that would make sense, but cutting totals across the board I don't really see support from from the guidance, if anything, 12z suite so far has trended a little wetter. 

But also a shade warmer RGEM has trended that way the last 3 runs or so, I can understand the reasoning

We had our driveway paved a couple months ago and I figured it would be so much easier snowblowing with the tractor, but it turns out, I'm getting stuck more often. Mostly on the incline going up the driveway. Doesn't matter how slow I go, eventually the chains start slipping. I realized the chains were a bit loose and will tighten tonite, but if that doesn't help, I thought about taking the chains off. Theory being, that more contact area between the tire and pavement whereas the chains provide less contact. Not sure it'll work. When the driveway was gravel, I could get "bite", but now it's like being on a skating rink. The benefit from paving is no more shooting stones all over the yard to then have to rake out in the Spring. But super frustrating to just sit and spin on tractor. FYI, I've got 100lbs of added weight on the back end.

We had our driveway paved a couple months ago and I figured it would be so much easier snowblowing with the tractor, but it turns out, I'm getting stuck more often. Mostly on the incline going up the driveway. Doesn't matter how slow I go, eventually the chains start slipping. I realized the chains were a bit loose and will tighten tonite, but if that doesn't help, I thought about taking the chains off. Theory being, that more contact area between the tire and pavement whereas the chains provide less contact. Not sure it'll work. When the driveway was gravel, I could get "bite", but now it's like being on a skating rink. The benefit from paving is no more shooting stones all over the yard to then have to rake out in the Spring. But super frustrating to just sit and spin on tractor. FYI, I've got 100lbs of added weight on the back end.

tighten the chains, don't remove them. you will go nowhere without chains.

Taking them off will not solve the problem but will add to it, My JD is totally useless without chains on, The added weight should help

Taking them off will not solve the problem but will add to it, My JD is totally useless without chains on, The added weight should help

Deere claims max weight on the back end for my x320 is 100lbs. I'm only 155lbs and feel like I could add another 100lbs on the back without issue. Must be a tranny issue possibly if too much weight is added?

Deere claims max weight on the back end for my x320 is 100lbs. I'm only 155lbs and feel like I could add another 100lbs on the back without issue. Must be a tranny issue possibly if too much weight is added?

lol, I weigh 220lbs plus my weights so that helps, I have hydrostatic drive, You need to get more weight on the rear, Do you have wheel weights or plates?

I don't recall my snowblower (some Crapsman type) ever really getting stuck, and that is without chains or added weight.

Of course today it is being picked up by my repair guy to tune it (very late) and check the  drive issue... I think it is the belt.

Is it a tractor? We are talking tractors

Archived