Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This still has 3/6/13 written all over it, but it's getting so much play nobody's going to remember the warnings when its 35 and raining

Well at least it's not March sun angle we are fighting. Plus the dynamics will be better with this one hopefully

This still has 3/6/13 written all over it, but it's getting so much play nobody's going to remember the warnings when its 35 and raining

The (currently) progged dewpoints are what worry me most. I think 3/6/13 was plagued by a poor vort track, leading more trowel-esque convective banding in our area, letting in more insolation..etc. My VP2 was reading in at like 145W/m^2..pretty much impossible to accumulate in a borderline airmass with that kind of flux, or so I suspect..?

Throw in a few periods of non-accumulating flakes in the city and pretty much so far.  I just don't know where the magical sub-freezing temperatures are coming from.

they're not....I share your skepticism big time, but I don't think the idea is we get to 32 or below...We get snow at 33-35 and hope it is heavy enough, and that the sun angle is more helpful....

Archived