12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No text output available yet but 925/850/700 all at or below from 12z onwards, based on WxBell maps.  Surface looks to be 34 throughout the event but the rates and deform, we'd be fine I think.  It's a great run.  Definitely colder than 12z.

it is a better track and better run, but it doesn't eliminate any of the issues we will have to deal with....it is no GFS....

Guidance is locking in with track now. Best period for the metros is 7am-1pm with .5 to .75 for all. 1pm-7pm is good but best precip West of 95. Below freezing by midnight during the taper. Great run

I'm never going to pull the trigger where I live...Too much can go wrong...I've been through this too many times to be fooled....I don't like warm events....I'll probably end up forecasting 2-3" for DC...

wow starting to get excited for the potential around here.  Euro/UK/GGEM crush this area, even the GFS is a decent event.  Have been holding back because its early but all the models are on board now.  FWIW I think even in the cities, as that heavy band of precip pushes through it will be snow and accumulate, even if low ratios.  Even if the further west tracks verify I think that is true, then once the heavier bands pushed north it might end as lighter slop but for several hours during the height of the storm I think its snowing in DC and Baltimore and accumulating fairly well.  A nice thump event. 

I'm never going to pull the trigger where I live...Too much can go wrong...I've been through this too many times to be fooled....I don't like warm events....I'll probably end up forecasting 2-3" for DC...

Yea, 2-3 dca seems fair for sure. NW dc could fair better. River locations will fair worse. I feeling good with 5" over/under in my yard.

wow starting to get excited for the potential around here.  Euro/UK/GGEM crush this area, even the GFS is a decent event.  Have been holding back because its early but all the models are on board now.  FWIW I think even in the cities, as that heavy band of precip pushes through it will be snow and accumulate, even if low ratios.  Even if the further west tracks verify I think that is true, then once the heavier bands pushed north it might end as lighter slop but for several hours during the height of the storm I think its snowing in DC and Baltimore and accumulating fairly well.  A nice thump event. 

What I like for our area on this run is how well defined the deform band is. This run is a ton of QPF.  however surface temps actually ticked up a bit this run.

What I like for our area on this run is how well defined the deform band is. This run is a ton of QPF.  however surface temps actually ticked up a bit this run.

Having lived here for 9 years and experienced many borderline temp situations, I have come to not worry too much about surface temps up here.  As long as the upper levels are good it seems our elevations wins out and we do fine in these type events.  Eventually this attitude will burn me I am sure but so far its been fine here every time.  When we did have issues it was due to warm layers aloft, never surface temps when the SLP track and upper levels were good.  Now I will go knock on wood...

Yea, 2-3 dca seems fair for sure. NW dc could fair better. River locations will fair worse. I feeling good with 5" over/under in my yard.

I think 12/5/09 and 12/10/13 are good analogs in terms of temp profiles....this could have more precip and be better organized, so maybe a bit more snow....but 1-3" for DC proper probably makes the most sense....with the places over 300' closer to 3"....I might have to go to Tenleytown for lunch.....I bet it will be a different world up there at 400'+

12/5/09 was like 5:1 for the burbs due to mix/rain and temps.....I think that probably makes sense for you.....5:1 on whatever falls....I think 4-5" makes sense...agreed...

The wildcard for dca is banding. I could see 4+ but it would need to be measured quick

I'm preparing for parrs/parkton destruction pics...

ha...yes....actually looking closer at it....12/5/09 is a great analog....this will probably be a tad wetter and a tad colder (maybe).....IAD got 3.0" on 0.58" QPF and it was 34 during the heaviest stuff.......

Archived