• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

What was his reasoning? The whole "give credit where credit is due" is reserved for those who actually give a reason and not play the blind squirrel finding a but deal.

you are joking right< yea he just weenied threw out numbers, really dude cmon. I am not sticking up for him but he has a daily weekly free Saturday discussion that lays every thing out. I agree he is a hypemeister but cmon man he is not unintelligent. He also has tremendous partners at weather bell who work together , its not just his ideas. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well maybe but he did call for a torch Oct Will and his reasoning behind Nov was dead nuts. Have to give credit when credit is due.

I don't read him anymore...so I can't really comment on his reasoning, I only see all the calls he makes that people post on here these days. I just know that he has had a severe cold bias in the winter over the years and a lot of calls for winter storms and heavy snowfall that have not panned out...and made those calls despite a lot of evidence against that forecast...so I don't view him as that credible anymore. Some might call that "Ballsy" or "sticking your neck out on the line"...I call it foolhardy and inaccurate.

Every once in a while, you are going to look really smart when always making an extreme call...because every once in a while, the extreme scenario verifies. That doesn't mean accolades need to be distributed out if it's the broken clock syndrome.

I mean, perhaps I have the wrong perception. I see all the tweets and blog blurbs posted on here and that's where my impression comes from. I do know that JB is a pretty smart dude and understands large scale forecasting very well, but that in itself doesn't produce accurate forecasts. I did used to read him a lot back in the day when it was free on accuwx...this is like circa late 1990s and early 2000s.

you are joking right< yea he just weenied threw out numbers, really dude cmon. I am not sticking up for him but he has a daily weekly free Saturday discussion that lays every thing out. I agree he is a hypemeister but cmon man he is not unintelligent. He also has tremendous partners at weather bell who work together , its not just his ideas. 

If he ever called for warm winter, I'd buy in more.  That would make him great.   Going cold and snow every year is what he does

All I asked, was the reasoning. He has a horrible bias of snow and cold and I hardly find him credible anymore. I shouldn't have to say more. His track record speaks for itself. I know he knows his stuff which makes it more sad.

JB lives to hit the big fly, even with runners on and 2 outs...where he should think about slapping the ball the other way....he swings for the fences. Call it ballsy if you want, I call him retarded.

It's really simple - he swings for the $.

He starts with the most profitable outcome - snow and cold - and finds the atmospheric clues that could yield said outcome.  Then, when he transcribes it, he busts out the flamboyance and weenies it up.

/JB Dissection Forever

He starts with the most profitable outcome - snow and cold - and finds the atmospheric clues that could yield said outcome.  Then, when he transcribes it, he busts out the flamboyance and weenies it up.

/JB Dissection Forever

Touche.

Certainly nobody ever accused of JB not knowing how to make money. :lol:

Something a bit more back on topic....Friday looks exceptionally cold. The whole week does, but Friday could set a lot of record low maximums I think.

What JB knows meteorlogically he loses bein stubborn. Hes smart but he holds onto an idea wayyyyy after model consensus is proving him wrong. That said i do enjoy his write ups and atmospheric avengers daily on weatherbell, i just weed through the BS to get to more meaningful, sensible weather material

/JB Dissection Forever

Yes, let us get back to the issues. Like the rain! Which is here. AMOUT.

Euro ensembles have some tepid support for a system along the frontal boundary just offshore next Wednesday/Wednesday night. 9-10 days out though...Thanksgiving itself is looking seasonably cold on the ensembles. It's been trending slightly colder as we get closer...mostly due to higher heights up near AK...so I think that trend has some legs. So no t-shirts and hackeysack for Black Friday and the weekend I don't think.

Euro ensembles have some tepid support for a system along the frontal boundary just offshore next Wednesday/Wednesday night. 9-10 days out though...Thanksgiving itself is looking seasonably cold on the ensembles. It's been trending slightly colder as we get closer...mostly due to higher heights up near AK...so I think that trend has some legs. So no t-shirts and hackeysack for Black Friday and the weekend I don't think.

GEFS also started going higher north of AK too.

Archived