Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It literally rose to 50.1 .. Stayed there for a minute and immediately dropped. Now all the way back down to 41.9. I see that happen often in the winter in these setups. With snowpack it may have risen ever so briefly to like 44 or 45 and then dropped right back to low -mid 30's. It may not be the true war front but more likely some warm air aloft right around 1,000 feet. It's an interesting phenomenon

Yeah...you're tickling the torch level now. I love the sharp rises and drops in temps when you flirt with the warm air aloft.

Most of SW/C NH is 32-33F except for that 2000'+ station at Miller St Park in Peterborough, NH. They're at 39F and climbing.

Yeah...you're tickling the torch level now. I love the sharp rises and drops in temps when you flirt with the warm air aloft.

Most of SW/C NH is 32-33F except for that 2000'+ station at Miller St Park in Peterborough, NH. They're at 39F and climbing.

Crazy fluctuation over the last hour. It rose 10 degrees in 25 minutes to 50.1 and has dropped 11 degrees now down to 39.9

December 1960 locked in during the 2nd week near mid month.  12/4/60 was a warm hazy day as my inner weenie seethed.  12/11-12, 1960 brought me one of the great blizzards of my lifetime.  A few weeks of back and forth before we had one wild ride through January into early February.

Yeah trying to forecast snow is pretty fruitless at that lead time...could end up above normal by a degree in the means, but you get an advisory snow event that sneaks in somehow and Blizz will jam it down your throat that you called for NO SNOW.

Yep...December 2001 had a solid warning criteria event amid a brutally horrific pattern for winter lovers. Dec 8, 2001. 2 days earlier it had been in the upper 60s to near 70F. Once you get into December, you can start to pull a snow event out of a non-ideal pattern...long shot, but possible. Even December 1996 was not a very good pattern,,,not as bad as 2001 for sure, but warm airmasses, but just get everything to break right, and you get an interior paste walloping.

He paid a huge price.  You don't want to go there....

Good to hear things are looking up for Don. Funny... happened to sit in on a retirement meeting for someone in this house today also. 401k's and IRA's... Earlier you learn the better I guess lol. How finances are not taught more extensively in school is beyond me.

Good to hear things are looking up for Don. Funny... happened to sit in on a retirement meeting for someone in this house today also. 401k's and IRA's... Earlier you learn the better I guess lol. How finances are not taught more extensively in school is beyond me.

absolutely correct, life skills not taught enough. 401 k yourself religiously every week

The president of my company (friend and boss) is retiring at the end of December at age of 58.  Cashing out, ftw. 

lol 1/4sm +TSSN gusting over 30mph.

KBUF 180121Z 26019G28KT 1/4SM R23/2000V4000FT +TSSN FZFG BKN004 BKN008 OVC024CB M02/M03 A2961 AO2 PK WND 26028/0117 TSB12 OCNL LTGIC OHD TS OHD MOV NE P0002 T10171028

Beauty.

Temp drop fail.  Popped back up to 33.7, new high for the day.

Barometer has started rebounding along side the wind shift.  Just went out to the woodshed, it was nice to have the air moving a bit.

Archived