bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dad is 58 now. Will be 60 when looking to retire. 32 years in the post office. As he says, "Used to be a great job". Basically for new employees it is hell. Understaffed, mismanaged, and overwhelmed. 

My boss created our division in the company.  He made it about a 1.5 million dollar company when I joined over 11 years ago. I was among the 3,4, and 5th people to join (the three of us started on the same day).  Subsequently, he grew the business to about 40 million a year  and over 100 full-time employees during that time.  Exciting years for all involved, and it's sad for us to have him go.  But, he was able to cash out and call it a day. 

You never know what tomorrow might bring, so if the opportunity to step out is there, I'd take it in a heartbeat. 

My boss created our division in the company. He made it about a 1.5 million dollar company when I joined over 11 years ago. I was among the 3,4, and 5th people to join (the three of us started on the same day). Subsequently, he grew the business to about 40 million a year and over 100 full-time employees during that time. Exciting years for all involved, and it's sad for us to have him go. But, he was able to cash out and call it a day.

You never know what tomorrow might bring, so if the opportunity to step out is there, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

good business decisions like these are what make me a borderline insomniac... I definitely consider myself to be a planner, but high risk high reward. Weird to think of the variety of different options life can head for me in the next few years. Not sure where I will end up, but I hope its the right place. Definitely have some good things on the table potentially whether its coaching, journalism, media relations, or working for a sports franchise... but what's the right choice... who knows yet!

Spiked at 44.4F. Finally sliding back down to 40.3F. Should be below freezing in a few hours and stay that way for a day or 2

The cooler air's not filtering down yet.  I thought it had started, but it's reversed and going back up at a ludicrously fast clip--suddenly at 35.9 (high of the day), a climb of  over 3* in about 10 minutes.

Wind's picking up though so I imagine the drop back will begin soon enough.  Now from the NW, it had been WSW.

Up another degree in the 3 minutes since my last post.  I guess this is the compressional warming (??) that Scott explained to me post-frontal passage.

36.9/36, wind continuing to pick up.  Time for bed. 

You are mixing out the shallow CAD armass you had earlier. Air is warmer aloft than at the surface and once FROPA occurs in earnest, then you mix down the warmer air...eventually it will become colder as aloft cools behind the front, but for a brief time, the temps spike up.

You are mixing out the shallow CAD armass you had earlier. Air is warmer aloft than at the surface and once FROPA occurs in earnest, then you mix down the warmer air...eventually it will become colder as aloft cools behind the front, but for a brief time, the temps spike up.

I learned that painful lesson after the conclusion of the Dec 16, 2007 super swfe. My Euphoria over the victory of maintaining snow until ending as drizzle was abruptly dashed as my temp spiked from a benign 33°, up to a the most corrosive, saturated 38° imaginable...as my immaculate ~2' cement pack was battered down to most asethetically unappealing, soggy, pitted, disaster...averaging about 14", with areas where water lie beneath reduced to about 8". The mets comfort you with cries of "the front will be through soon", but make no mistake about it, the downslope dandy cold air advection took about 12 hours to arrive. All the while, locales 10 miles inland maintain protective pack glaze.

Thanks, will. I think the scouring us done, hve now started ticking back. Gusted to 16mph at 8'. Bring on the CAA.

Archived