Newest Member
    amirah5
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna happen.

Gonna get screwed by a cheap midnight high for tomorrow. CAA is really strong though...the 2m temps are cooling right through the heating of the day.

Wed and Fri have a chance to stay below 30F at ORH...but Thu looks like it warms a bit with SW flow ahead of that next reinforcing shot. Prob like mid 30s for highs that day with low 40s on coastal plain.

How do you arrive at "season in a season"? The average for BOS is 52F 38F

Even in the depth of winter many might have temperatures in the 30's. Normal Ave temperature at that time-frame is 28F for Metro Boston.

This outbreak without question is record breaking not seasonal average for this time of year. Every single State will record freezing tomorrow morning. I don't know how frequently that occurs even in JF.

52 here at work and on the cusp of the squall line, 1.04 on the day

Got warmer out east...still 46.2/44 in Dobbs Ferry with light rain. 

Will, do you think Tuesday/Wednesday or Friday is going to be the colder stretch? The NWS has lower temps here for early in the week, though they've been dropping Friday's high as the models pick up on the second piece of energy dragging another front through. 850mb temps are below -10C both days.

Gonna get screwed by a cheap midnight high for tomorrow. CAA is really strong though...the 2m temps are cooling right through the heating of the day.

Wed and Fri have a chance to stay below 30F at ORH...but Thu looks like it warms a bit with SW flow ahead of that next reinforcing shot. Prob like mid 30s for highs that day with low 40s on coastal plain.

Exactly. Thursday with SW winds has the chance to be our warmest day in terms of daytime highs. That second shot looks dam cold.

Could be an interesting drive home from Augusta.  It's 32 with mixed precip here, and the Wunderground obs between here and the foothills are a few tenths either side of 32.  Route 27 usually gets treated thoroughly, but my recently acquired small 2WD pickup has only all-season treads.

my parents own a cabin on flying pond off route 41 in Mount Vernon, we visit there frequently in the summer. My uncle Warren also lives off of 41 in Vienna. beautiful country.

Got warmer out east...still 46.2/44 in Dobbs Ferry with light rain. 

Will, do you think Tuesday/Wednesday or Friday is going to be the colder stretch? The NWS has lower temps here for early in the week, though they've been dropping Friday's high as the models pick up on the second piece of energy dragging another front through. 850mb temps are below -10C both days.

Friday will be colder for sure.

Yeah, I think Friday will be colder. It's a better trajectory of the airmass for us. Might be a closer call down in Zuckerland...but I'd probably still lean toward Friday there too. There's a tight gradient though on the southern end of the cold in the 2nd cold shot, but should be closer to DC/VA.

Same temp since 9 AM ,37

Very steady on the temps for sure. 

Midnight high of 32.6

Low temp this morning of 29.4

Sitting at 32.4/32 now

Pony Tail land

A little bit like it was here this morning.  Very little ice reminaing, though the windshield still has some and some small patches on the ground and pines.

Interesting to see how much the ground must have frozen with a couple nights in the 20's and highs in the 30's.  Kind of puddly out there.

Any ideas when things might cool aloft allowing for some flakes to mix in?

Very steady on the temps for sure. 

Midnight high of 32.6

Low temp this morning of 29.4

Sitting at 32.4/32 now

A little bit like it was here this morning.  Very little ice reminaing, though the windshield still has some and some small patches on the ground and pines.

Interesting to see how much the ground must have frozen with a couple nights in the 20's and highs in the 30's.  Kind of puddly out there.

Any ideas when things might cool aloft allowing for some flakes to mix in?

Most of the precip will probably be gone by the time it cools enough to flip

Archived