• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

That's not true...much of the crippling 2008 ice storm occurred with temps around 31F IMBY and pretty heavy rain falling too.

It's not easy to do, but if you have a nice source of lower dewpoints feeding into the region to offset latent heat, then it's attainable. Of course, this setup did not have that with a retreating high well off the coast, so light icing was all that was going to happen.

Thanks for correcting me.  I was under the impression you really needed to be in the 30, especially since air pressure itself has influence on the actual temp that freezing and boiling can take place.

Of course, having very cold antecedent  conditions helps a lot, too.  Something else this storm lacked.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learned in life a long time ago, if you don't give it all you've got and go all in,, life will swallow you up. You'll end up degreed, working in a different field, eating grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup in moms basement every night. Of course if that's what one desires, then more power to them.

:blink:

Because getting a degree means grilled cheese, tomato soup, and mom's basement for life... mmmk

Another hijacking. If one wants hype, outrageous prognostications some could read ACCUWX forums. What set this forum aside from that was the knowledge and accuracy of many here. This conduct must be curtailed.

Oh well .

Appears a warm-up back to N or slightly BN with sw abound. Bring on December for widespread threats and believable hype.     

It has a marginal snow event...but it is essentially another needle-threader. It's too far out to make any useful analysis over it other than the longwave pattern as depicted by ensemble guidance suggests a needle-threader if we were to try and get a snow event.

It would be nice to get one right before Thanksgiving, but I'm not holding my breath over this one...not yet anyway.

great Euro run, that is the look I wanted to see heading into the end of the month. lets hope the Ens follow up with that 5H look. couple of very warm days could be tropical cobalt sky kind of days or just plain manky .

Another hijacking. If one wants hype, outrageous prognostications some could read ACCUWX forums. What set this forum aside from that was the knowledge and accuracy of many here. This conduct must be curtailed.

Oh well .

Appears a warm-up back to N or slightly BN with sw abound. Bring on December for widespread threats and believable hype.

I missed the hype posts???? anyways KBUF AFD is worried about flooding next week.

Half way through October, there was no sign of this extreme cold pattern.. and the snow that has come with it for many around the country.  In fact, the forecast for the first half of November was for mild conditions.  That obviously did not happen, and we have broken records all over the place in this country, and we are only half way through with the month.  

Point being, I don't think anybody can say what December 1st could bring, when we can't even know what Turkey Day will bring???  For people to say that December 1st looks Meh...that is the same as saying the first half of November looked Meh on October 17th.  And on October 17th, the First half of November did look Meh/Warm.  And everybody thinking that was so, was so misled.

We have a very Nice looking pattern shaping up according to our Bright and Talented METS here(Will and Scott and the other knowledgeable Peeps that know alot more than I).  There optimism gives me comfort, in that good patterns, like all things, take time to Mature, and develop.  Things are progressing nicely, enjoy the month of November for what it is...a transition month to our Winter Time Pattern!!  Good things come to those who WAIT Gentleman. 

Something to look forward to.  :)

This Afternoon.......Rain. Patchy fog. Highs in the lower 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight......Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog. Rain with a chance of snow in the evening. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west after midnight. Gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

32.3/32

Something to look forward to. :)

This Afternoon.......Rain. Patchy fog. Highs in the lower 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight......Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog. Rain with a chance of snow in the evening. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west after midnight. Gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

32.3/32

Are you icey at all right now?

Half way through October, there was no sign of this extreme cold pattern.. and the snow that has come with it for many around the country. In fact, the forecast for the first half of November was for mild conditions. That obviously did not happen, and we have broken records all over the place in this country, and we are only half way through with the month.

Point being, I don't think anybody can say what December 1st could bring, when we can't even know what Turkey Day will bring??? For people to say that December 1st looks Meh...that is the same as saying the first half of November looked Meh on October 17th. And on October 17th, the First half of November did look Meh/Warm. And everybody thinking that was so, was so misled.

We have a very Nice looking pattern shaping up according to our Bright and Talented METS here(Will and Scott and the other knowledgeable Peeps that know alot more than I). There optimism gives me comfort, in that good patterns, like all things, take time to Mature, and develop. Things are progressing nicely, enjoy the month of November for what it is...a transition month to our Winter Time Pattern!! Good things come to those who WAIT Gentleman.

Waiting is for kids standing in the lunch line. We here have our shovels and blowers on standby, and we wait no more.

Are you icey at all right now?

Nope.  There's still the smallest evidence on tree branches (quite noticeable in the pines), but it's pouring rain now.  I suspect there could be some icy conditions later if things cool quicker than evaporation. 

On weathertap radar, there's no eastward movement of the rn/sn line.  Alas.

Edit:  there are still some spots of ice in areas of the lawn.

Archived