gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well rather boring through week 3. There is some ridging over the arctic which harkens back to what we spoke about earlier. Lower heights in AK and the GOAK teleconnect to higher heights in the east. Week 4 retros the low anomalies towards the western Aleutians and Bering Sea. Heigher anomalies pop out west and up into Canada. So, it's not a cold pattern, but probably serviceable for some if things work out. I think it adds to the fact of waiting through the beginning of December for anything meaningful.

That blows. BOX is calling for up to an inch, but it rarely plays out that way on the back end of these things.

MPM you have some high standards this time of year haha. Events like today are textbook November...mixed precip to rain then strong dry CAA.

This never had a backside snow look, even in the favored areas like the northern Greens. This was like a pure overrunning event. The only way backside snow happens is if lake effect from Ontario and Erie reaches western New England.

Well the cold in the interior worked out according to plan. Even in the absence of polar high N, the weak cyclonic components were unable to overcome a viscous boundary layer ...made so by saturating a low DP nascent air mass... 

I just am left to wonder what this type of set up would have meant should there have been snow pack in place.  

I have no idea exact #'s. Was going off car thermo. This was earlier this afternoon btw. Car thermo is usually surprisingly close. I know it was mid to upper 40's when I got into Southie. Can't remember exact #. I was in a rush lol.

Yup, hit 47 earlier. Looks like the warmth is going to make 1 last push up here, temps rising again.

Archived