Newest Member
    joxey
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kev wet bulb is determined by dew point. You need a sling psychrometer

Wet-bulb temperature is largely determined by both actual air temperature (dry-bulb temperature) and the amount of moisture in the air (humidity).

Handy for those without access is the 1/3 rule to estimate your wet bulb. Take your dew point depression and divide by three. Subtract this from your temp to get your rough wet bulb. Alternatively you can add two to your dew for every degree your temp drops until they are equal.

nothing on the ground this morning in cambridge. i thought it was funny that they had the sanding truck roll through our parking lot at work. it was nothing but wet, with no ice or snow to be found. better safe than sorry, but that is a waste

I saw sanders on the road in Newton on the way in.

And they wonder why all these towns are over budget on their salters/sanders by January every year. :lol:

West Peabody got around 1/2-1", looks like I was just a bit too close to marine influence on this one. Ended up with a coating on the grass.

Still, fun to be tracking snow threats in Nov! Some nice looking pics in here, too.

Probably elevation. Winds were such that there was no marine influence there. Friend in W Peabody area had half an inch.

Probably elevation. Winds were such that there was no marine influence there. Friend in W Peabody area had half an inch.

Yeah, where I am really needs either favorable winds or a strong cold source to pull off these early season deals. Heavier rates are usually how I can pull off a marginal setup.

My gf showed up at the house this morning (from W Peabody) with a snow covered hood and roof, I was pissed. :lol:

Some very lights snow/flurries developing here in Bartlett after last night's 3" or so. Pleasant surprise.

You are on the NW side of the Whites, right?

Been snowing fairly steadily but vis ranges from 4sm to 3/4sm over here in the Greens. Snow globe season is back where flakes are in the air most of the time but accums are generally light.

Archived