• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

Well Newport and coastal SE MA got snow where it was actually warmer at 950. That's what I mean.

actually i'm in newport / middletown at work ant there is  no snow OTG, where 5 miles up the raod in portsmouth we got a solid coating (.75"). i mentioned earlier UUU was 36 where some local ASOS in portsmouth (still on aquidneck island) were closer to freezing (33.2). see this a lot this time of year when temps are marginal.- newport tends to not accumulate

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually i'm in newport / middletown at work ant there is no snow OTG, where 5 miles up the raod in portsmouth we got a solid coating (.75"). i mentioned earlier UUU was 36 where some local ASOS in portsmouth (still on aquidneck island) were closer to freezing (33.2). see this a lot this time of year when temps are marginal.- newport tends to not accumulate

Even cstl SE MA on the water had it. NW winds in Clinton off the land, no? Maybe he had a combo of milder BL and perhaps not enough good echoes. SE areas overcame that.

There is about 1.25" give or take right now in west and south weymouth. Snow even on sidewalks. Amazing difference in 2 miles. Unreal.

1.75 at home. Geek moment incoming. Here at work a matter of 200 ft . made a huge difference. Surveillance picture from a beam at the Obs Tower shows about 2, at ground level about a half inch These are surveillance caps.

1114140743.jpg1114140746.jpg

3.0" of "sticky fluff".  Nice dendrites plus dead calm allowed 21:1 ratio despite temps 30-32.  Modest LE also meant the roads were just wet, with only a bit of plowing noted.  Last feathers drifting down in AUG; ended at my place about 6 AM.  Top of Sand Hill in AUG, about 350', looks like 3-4", while ahalf mile away at river's edge near sea level there's maybe an inch and the twigs are just wet, not loaded like everywhere from here to Tolland (great pics.)

Low (0.14") LE means rather quick melting/compaction, but I think we get to hunt on snow tomorrow in the foothills.

Even cstl SE MA on the water had it. NW winds in Clinton off the land, no? Maybe he had a combo of milder BL and perhaps not enough good echoes. SE areas overcame that.

I can look out from the top of our tower on surveillance and see pockets at the same elevation with practically nothing while others have 1-2, even some elevation areas are skimpy down here, at home looks like around 275 feet up was the winner. I can see roughly 7 miles around in diameter, elevation played a key but seems rates ruled the roost.

To answer your question Kevin, 950 was mild, but also dry. So what happened was that snow was able to wet bulb down to near freezing. SE MA was able to grab the good bands and give them 1-2.

So I guess the point of this exercise..is to look deeper than an HPC prog of 950 temps and determine if said place is going to snow or rain.

Nothing to complain about down this way. Have had two measurable events in the first half of November while climo favored areas have barely seen flakes.

Weird how it happens like that sometimes. Would never think interior SE mass would be winners in two early season snow events.

Congrats to all that saw first flakes and accums

Performed above your expectations. Looks like the changeover occurred a little after 2am. Time to sit back now and watch how things shale out over the next 7-10 days. I don't see anything for us just yet. 3.25" for month of Nov is a huge plus though.

nice guys, good stuff when you capitalize in marginal situations.

Performed above your expectations. Looks like the changeover occurred a little after 2am. Time to sit back now and watch how things shale out over the next 7-10 days. I don't see anything for us just yet. 3.25" for month of Nov is a huge plus though.

Yep, I'm very pleased.

It will be below normal, maybe we can sneak in some snow somewhere over the next couple of weeks.

If not, its a good start anyway.

Looks like you are the leader in snow for all of SNE. What are the odds lol

Too bad this didn't go to town just a bit more before exit stage right. Probably could have managed a large area of 3". But we needed just a bit deeper moisture I think. There was some drying around h5.

Still. Not bad for what looked like almost nothing a few days ago. Take what you can get in November.

Yep, I'm very pleased.

It will be below normal, maybe we can sneak in some snow somewhere over the next couple of weeks.

If not, its a good start anyway.

Looks like you are the leader in snow for all of SNE. What are the odds lol

SE MA is fine away from the water unless it's very cold. You just needed to get the better rates in. Still amazed at the difference around here. Never saw that last year as we were so cold and didn't have snow until later in December. Of course when it's cold, we bang NE winds lol.

Archived