12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Areas to your east got snow. You probably lacked the echoes.

In CT/RI or are you talking further east there in SE MA? I don't think returns were an issue...those looked good through the entire event compared to everyone else in CT that got whitened up. I really think the BL was just too torched here along the shoreline.Sounds like the valley right up to HFD didn't do any better. I'm about 4 mi inland, just 162 ft elevation. Sometimes we have good luck overcoming BL issues while right at the shoreline struggles...other times my house might as well be right on the water. No big deal, this is why you keep expectations in check this time of year near the shoreline...just thought we'd at least be able to whiten the ground a bit. 

In CT/RI or are you talking further east there in SE MA? I don't think returns were an issue...those looked good through the entire event compared to everyone else in CT that got whitened up. I really think the BL was just too torched here along the shoreline.Sounds like the valley right up to HFD didn't do any better. I'm about 4 mi inland, just 162 ft elevation. Sometimes we have good luck overcoming BL issues while right at the shoreline struggles...other times my house might as well be right on the water. No big deal, this is why you keep expectations in check this time of year near the shoreline...just thought we'd at least be able to whiten the ground a bit.

Well Newport and coastal SE MA got snow where it was actually warmer at 950. That's what I mean.

Seems like it was all elevation dependent around here. 0" on the river in Glastonbury... but 3" on the other side of town at 750 feet. In Haddam 0" on the river by 2"+ up at 500 ft. Same story with my location and Avon Mountain. 

Archived