12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics guys.  Looking forward to coming home tomorrow.  Another subzero morning here with snow on the way to possibly screw up my flight tomorrow.

You very well may have picked the best week of the whole winter to be in Denver. if long range winter forecasts are right..this may have been their most wintry period and coldest

The key to me was the dews. They were in the mid-upper 20's right up to go time..So even at 40 it started right as snow

Kev wet bulb is determined by dew point. You need a sling psychrometer

Wet-bulb temperature is largely determined by both actual air temperature (dry-bulb temperature) and the amount of moisture in the air (humidity).

You very well may have picked the best week of the whole winter to be in Denver. if long range winter forecasts are right..this may have been their most wintry period and coldest

The cold would be hard to beat anywhere but methinks when EPO flexes they'll get it again.  I think a pretty cold and snowy winter may be en route here with the enhanced stj but I admit I don't know alot about the microclime.  The one thing I do know....any qpf in winter is snow.   It's either weeks of dry or snow.   Low average annual precip but 70-90 inches annually of snow in Denver to Boulder and metro.

a solid covering away from shaded areas and structures, right down by the river and near HFD it looks like basically nothing. driving down 91 south you can see a clear and distinct snowline on Meriden mountain about halfway up

Funny you should say that, I grew up right on the West Side of that Mountain in Southington, and in Marginal Situations such as this one, half way up the Mountain would be Frozen in Ice, snow etc..., and the lower half would be bare.  That Mountain is between 800-900 feet at the top, so that's just enough to be above the freezing line.

I had snow falling at 2:00 am, but nothing stuck in Southington, unless you were up higher in town.

Archived