• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

Yep, I said las night its all about getting heavy precip in here...if you have 20 dbz, its not going to cut it...you need big returns on radar...you end up with latent cooling and you flip to heavy wet snow.

The band right now is too far east.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think SE MA near and west of the canal could see a flip and some accumulation.

Yeah I'll bet someone down there may rip for a bit..the band will still pivot W a bit more, so they'll probably flip. But it may stay just a bit too far E of BOS and metro-west. It's plenty cold at 925mb...but that last 1500-2000 feet needs something to cool it...and latent cooling is the only way.

Yeah I'll bet someone down there may rip for a bit..the band will still pivot W a bit more, so they'll probably flip. But it may stay just a bit too far E of BOS and metro-west. It's plenty cold at 925mb...but that last 1500-2000 feet needs something to cool it...and latent cooling is the only way.

Yeah EWB to maybe Wareham or so I would guess. It's trying here, but I think I'm also suffering from precip disconnection between the radar 3k overhead and what's happening at my house. Those winds at 60kt just off the deck bring in what's occurring a few miles to my north, which is not much.

Yep, I said las night its all about getting heavy precip in here...if you have 20 dbz, its not going to cut it...you need big returns on radar...you end up with latent cooling and you flip to heavy wet snow.

The band right now is too far east.

Wait... the heavy rain doesn't drag the colder air down????

Archived