• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

Well it probably depends where you are, lol. The two lows definitely didn't help folks from BDL to ORH. Had this system been one big wound up beast it may have looked like the CRAS had with big snows back to Albany. The dual lows definitely had a part in keeping the second low further east than if it had been one big bombing storm south of SNE.

Yep, the dual low absolutely hurt the westward circulation of this system...normally a low track on these mid-level features would prodce good snow much further west than is occurring. You can see how narrow the midlevel ciruclation is...because it is elongated.

And why is it elongated? Well because of the dual low structure stretching out the height field from north to south.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the dual low absolutely hurt the westward circulation of this system...normally a low track on these mid-level features would prodce good snow much further west than is occurring. You can see how narrow the midlevel ciruclation is...because it is elongated.

And why is it elongated? Well because of the dual low structure stretching out the height field from north to south.

Yeah I just noted the same thing... exceedingly narrow and unusual actually... This really "could" have done like you say and been more plump out to the Berks

Yeah I just noted the same thing... exceedingly narrow and unusual actually... This really "could" have done like you say and been more plump out to the Berks

Yeah John,

I think the lack of easterly component to the mid-levels is why its so narrow. You see the wind barbs go from south to north on the east sde of the mid-level low...then do almost a hairpin turn and go back south on the backside of the low. There's no longer fetch of easterly mid-level flow which is what you get in a more conventional coastal system...this one is elongated.

Yeah that low track and mid level track should've crushed interior SNE maybe up to Brian. Might have also run the risk though of too much warm air advected east if it bombed too early off the mid-Atlantic coast. But certainly this would've been a much bigger ticket event had all that vorticity and the H5 trough balled up into one storm. Lowest heights on record for this time of year so far southeast...could've been a monster storm.

But worked out well for the extreme coast and SE Mass.

Yeah John,

I think the lack of easterly component to the mid-levels is why its so narrow. You see the wind barbs go from south to north on the east sde of the mid-level low...then do almost a hairpin turn and go back south on the backside of the low. There's no longer fetch of easterly mid-level flow which is what you get in a more conventional coastal system...this one is elongated.

Exactly... and I was also wondering if it is robbing some mechanic from this thing because of that extreme torque rounding those end points like that.  If this thing had been more typically structured that a better integration of DPVA mechanics might have been interesting.  Hmm.. 

Just to underscore the points we've been observing about this odd-ball ... how many times does it dry slot just E of NE Maine and it can't do anything in Worcester.. wow. 

It's amazing what extents the atmosphere will go to ensure a butt bangin'   hhahah... J/k

The weather industry should start naming all storms by some realistic characterization of their impact potential/scoring... 

Like, Katrina should be called "Hurricane Dip Schit Geographical Thinking For A City".  Or how about Andrew (1992), as "Hurricane Dade County Denuder".  

This extends into nor' easters too.  Although I'm torn on this one, as to whether "Missed By A Pube", or "Stole A Weeks Worth Of Time From Followers" ... I guess either could apply aptly.   

Well it probably depends where you are, lol. The two lows definitely didn't help folks from BDL to ORH. Had this system been one big wound up beast it may have looked like the CRAS had with big snows back to Albany. The dual lows definitely had a part in keeping the second low further east than if it had been one big bombing storm south of SNE.

except the original argument was wave interference would not allow bombogenisis and the pattern was too progressive, nothing about structure.

Archived