• Last Reply

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

1009 AM EST SUN NOV 2 2014

MAZ013-016>021-021815-

WESTERN NORFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-

WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-

SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FOXBORO...NORWOOD...QUINCY...TAUNTON...

BROCKTON...PLYMOUTH...FALL RIVER...NEW BEDFORD...MATTAPOISETT

1009 AM EST SUN NOV 2 2014

...SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE 1 TO 2 INCHES IN SOUTHEASTERN

MASSACHUSETTS...

LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE UP TO 1 TO 2 INCHES IN

SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS...ESPECIALLY IN PLYMOUTH...BRISTOL...AND

PORTIONS OF NORFOLK COUNTIES INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS.

AS THIS IS THE FIRST SNOW OF THE SEASON...PLEASE DRIVE WITH EXTRA

CAUTION AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.

PEDESTRIANS SHOULD ALSO EXERCISE CAUTION.

$$

Razor sharp cut off back to the NW with this one

I am literally ..not figuratively, right at the edge per radar, and the sky is quite interesting.  Peering E/NE/SE the sky is quite smooth and almost devoid of irregularities in gray; contrasting, peering the opposite direction the sky has undulate with strata cu structures, and clearing slots to the upper cirrus ceiling are also prevalent.   The smoothness east I gathered to be snow obscuring ... and sure enough the radar shows that possibility.  

Lots of wind out this way. Gusting frequently to 30 or 35 mph.  I can only imagine the thrashing going on at the coast.  

What I find interesting also about the last 12 hours in behavior of this thing is that it has become unusually "squished" from W-E. Usually circulations this large would have had the CCB shield all way back to foots of the Berkshire mt.  You can see echo-element moving N on radar not more than 60 or so miles E of Boston, showing just how narrow and oblong in structure this thing.  

Anyway, looking at p-type... wasn't a slam dunk for snow either. This has a spring look to it with wet around the edges and snow in the cores of heavier echos type of depiction.  

Certainly a great entrance into the winter continues with a couple solid coastal events over the last 10 days and the month of Novie may just continue to produce looking et al.  

I am literally ..not figuratively, right at the edge per radar, and the sky is quite interesting.  Peering E/NE/SE the sky is quite smooth and almost devoid of irregularities in gray; contrasting, peering the opposite direction the sky has undulate with strata cu structures, and clearing slots to the upper cirrus ceiling are also prevalent.   The smoothness east I gathered to be snow obscuring ... and sure enough the radar shows that possibility.  

Lots of wind out this way. Gusting frequently to 30 or 35 mph.  I can only imagine the thrashing going on at the coast.  

What I find interesting also about the last 12 hours in behavior of this thing is that it has become unusually "squished" from W-E. Usually circulations this large would have had the CCB shield all way back to foots of the Berkshire mt.  You can see echo-element moving N on radar not more than 60 or so miles E of Boston, showing just how narrow and oblong in structure this thing.  

Anyway, looking at p-type... wasn't a slam dunk for snow either. This has a spring look to it with wet around the edges and snow in the cores of heavier echos type of depiction.  

Certainly a great entrance in the winter continues with a couple solid coastal events over the last 10 days and the month of Novie may just continue to produce looking et al.  

The coastals we have missed the last couple years in fall, Good sign heading into winter

So along with the death band never occurring in EMA,can we permanently dismiss the too progressive,lows too close to each other myths.

Well it probably depends where you are, lol. The two lows definitely didn't help folks from BDL to ORH. Had this system been one big wound up beast it may have looked like the CRAS had with big snows back to Albany. The dual lows definitely had a part in keeping the second low further east than if it had been one big bombing storm south of SNE.

Archived