Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today would have been a nice setup for some of us in winter. Glottal love how things are starting to play out.

Its hard not to think of winter whenever it rains at this point, lol.  The other day I was drooling over orographic squalls mixing with graupel thinking it would've been a nice 3" afternoon in another month.

Basically anytime it precipitates this time of year, as long as its not 60F Td tropical rains, you can't help but think of how such an event would play out in another 6 weeks.

#6 on the books. It would have been better having it 80 or 20. 46 with soaking rains just couldn't have been worse. The temps were nice, but throw in a nonstop rain and a little wind and the effects on the human body running 26.2 miles are difficult. You work up a nice sweat but as the rain soaks you to your skin and your socks have cold puddles in them.. Well it's not pleasant . Saw a guy collapse right in front of me at mile 22. He just suddenly dropped onto the pavement..Scary

#6 on the books. It would have been better having it 80 or 20. 46 with soaking rains just couldn't have been worse. The temps were nice, but throw in a nonstop rain and a little wind and the effects on the human body running 26.2 miles are difficult. You work up a nice sweat but as the rain soaks you to your skin and your socks have cold puddles in them.. Well it's not pleasant . Saw a guy collapse right in front of me at mile 22. He just suddenly dropped onto the pavement..Scary

Glad you're ok my friend and kudos for finishing!

Congrats dude.

I'm not of the belief that marathons are healthy, but it's still quite an achievement.

Thanks man. I tell you.. It sucks at mile 19 when you still have 7 to go,, but the feeling of euphoria and accomplishment when you cross that finish line is hard to explain.

Had to turn heat on in the house finally. Temp is 57 inside lol.

Nice job.

Archived